The storm has weakened slightly and is moving north a little slower at 20 miles per hour.
Ophelia is expected to move toward the east-northeast and east Monday night, then turn toward the east-southeast Tuesday. Evacuation orders were put in place for some low-lying areas.
Nate is expected to weaken after landfall.
With the gusty winds comes the threat of power outages across the area.
A band of rain is working its way through the area now bringing some heavy rain and gusty winds.
Another tropical storm has developed, this time in the Atlantic Ocean.
Thousands were forced to evacuate their homes and Costa Rica's government declared a state of emergency.
Parts of Florida's panhandle, Alabama and Georgia may be hit with tropical storm force wind gusts.
Once this Category 1 hurricane touched down in the us the winds began to weaken.
The Mississippi Gulf Coast and South Mississippi is recovering from the aftermath of Hurricane Nate.
The hurricane made landfall earlier on Saturday night at the mouth of the Mississippi River in Louisianna, with winds of 85 miles per hour (140 kph).
Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards said he spoke with President Donald Trump, who assured him the Federal Government was prepared to respond as well. Moisture from Nate will get picked up along a front that will move through, bringing more unsettled weather over the next couple of days. Edwards added that the storm's speed was "almost unheard of for a storm of this type".
The Hurricane Watch is discontinued from west of Grand Isle to Morgan City.
- Okaloosa County-Walton County line in Florida to Indian Pass, Florida...2 ft.to 3 ft.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Tickets Will Go On Sale Today
- Wait for the talks, says UK PM's spokesman on possible Brexit breakthrough
- Four Observations From Week Six Of College Football
- Joe Mixon scores first career National Football League touchdown as Bengals defeated the Bills
- Myles Garrett makes National Football League debut
- Trump Demands Money for Border Wall in Exchange for Protecting "Dreamers"
- SC brings back ban on firecrackers in Delhi-NCR
- Fire prevention week in Fort St. John kicks off Saturday
- Police complaint filed against Salman Khan for threatening Zubair Khan
- Google Pixel Buds, Benchmark for Wireless Earphone Industry