Nothing has been decided yet, the sources said. They have lived in the area formerly known as Arakan, now Rakhine state, long before the Burmese occupation from 1784 to 1826 and British rule from 1826 to 1948.
While the European Union feels disillusioned, it also acknowledges Aung San Suu Kyi has little influence over Myanmar's security forces.
The plight of these refugees has gripped the world and Burmese leader Aung San Suu Kyi was condemned worldwide for not doing enough for them. Danish minister for development cooperation, Ulla Tornaes, said Copenhagen has been working to get the crisis on the agenda, "with the wish to put further pressure on the military".
Officials say over half of the 800,000 refugees flooding out of Myanmar are under 18, and many are making the journey alone. "According to the rescued Rohingya, several others are still missing".
Republican Eliot Engel, the committee's top-ranking Democrat, said the US should consider sanctions on Myanmar's military leadership.
"Myanmar itself assured Bangladesh of repatriation of its nationals through scrutiny. Myanmar may try to limit the number of refugees for repatriation by its own verification process and delay implementing recommendations by the Kofi Annan panel", he said at a discussion in Dhaka on the crisis. "And as we are seeing, more and more Rohingya refugees are crossing the border and coming here". It too has kept an arms embargo in place.
Even as the Supreme Court of India is hearing the pleas of Rohingyas in the country, Bangladesh is facing a crisis of big proportions.
Human Rights groups including Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International have called on New Delhi to reconsider its plan to deport the Rohingya, saying it should abide by its international obligations.
Abdus Salam, a senior health official with the local government, said workers would go door to door to ensure no refugees were left out of the drive. Furthermore, the dangers of food insecurity have exacerbated by military operations, the burning of villages, and the blocking of humanitarian aid.
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Stifel Nicolaus Maintains Rating And Updates Price Target
- Can General Motors Use Electric Cars To Revolutize American Car Making?
- WWE Hell In A Cell 2017 Results: Did Shane McMahon Win?
- Did YOU know about Harvey Weinstein's sexual harassment allegations? (Reader Poll)
- Keenum leads 3 scoring drives as Vikings beat Bears 20-17
- Quarterback Cam Newton was wrong to laugh at female sports journalist's question
- Police reveal major change to timeline of Las Vegas shooting
- Everything We Know-And Don't-About The Kardashian-Jenner Pregnancies
- Allegation against Jay Shah Congress' attempt to divert attention: BJP
- Which ten clubs have the most yellow cards in Premier League history?