The fact that Liverpool are in the Champions League is something that Shreeves focused on - despite them facing an uphill battle to get through to the next round after drawing their first two games in the group. For this reason, Jurgen Klopp will be hoping that Liverpool adopts the famed high-octane, heavy metal rock band approach, that he introduced at Borussia Dortmund in order to grind out a result. So while he may be an excellent addition to the Whites squad if they are able to bring him to Elland Road during the winter, there is surely an element of risk involved. He just has been struggling with the same problem at Liverpool that former managers also had been, and that's Liverpool defense.
Liverpool failed to capture any defensive players in the summer following their attempt to sign Southampton's Virgil van Dijk, bar full-back Andy Robertson from Hull. Although this season Liverpool have shown flashes of replicating that form, crucially they have not been able to convert chances.
His love for the club has called for a knighthood to be award following his immeasurable work to helping the families affected by the events at Hillsborough in 1989, which claimed the lives of 96 Liverpool fans.
But Juventus aren't the only team reportedly interested in Can, with Manchester United also said to be weighing up an audacious approach.
It's now 27 years since the Reds were last champions of England.
So far the move has not had the desired effect.
"I think Klopp is the hand-in-glove type guy".
Given Liverpool's problems with turning possession into points, arguably Klopp's biggest concern will be keeping Coutinho motivated after the Brazil forward was denied his wish to join Barcelona.
Could Liverpool sell Emre Can?
There is no shortage of midfielders at Liverpool, with Can, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, Georginio Wijnaldum, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Marko Grujic and James Milner all now vying for a spot in the starting XI.
"He has put his frustration into games and is playing with freedom. Phil has been brilliant".
- Erdogan upset at US decision to suspend visas
- Iran warns US against designating its Revolutionary Guards as terrorist group
- Police complaint filed against Salman Khan for threatening Zubair Khan
- France - Biélorussie, éliminatoires Mondial 2018 : à quelle heure et sur quelle chaîne ?
- Houston Texans' JJ Watt Out For Season
- Las Vegas Gunman Stored Explosives, 1600 Rounds of Ammo in Parking Lot
- Myles Garrett starts career with two sacks vs. Jets
- SC brings back ban on firecrackers in Delhi-NCR
- Trump Demands Money for Border Wall in Exchange for Protecting "Dreamers"
- Fire prevention week in Fort St. John kicks off Saturday