State media said Mr Kim had addressed the "complicated global situation" in a speech to a meeting of the powerful Central Committee of the ruling Workers' Party on Saturday, a day before Mr Trump's most recent comments.
TENS of thousands of North Koreans have taken to the streets to praise Kim Jong-un's chilling vow to "tame" US President Donald Trump "with fire".
The president's latest tweets come as the world continues to try to decipher another cryptic message that the Trump issued on Thursday night at the White House, as he posed for a photo with the country's top military leaders.
Trump's recent tweets on North Korea have prompted questions about whether the president is leaning toward military action.
Ri also said that Trump had "declared a war" on North Korea through tweets he posted after the United Nations meeting and that the country could shoot down USA strategic bombers even if they were not in its airspace, according to Reuters.
North Korea's nuclear tests, including the test of a reported thermonuclear hydrogen bomb on September 3 raised massive concerns for the worldwide community, especially Japan and the US.
President Trump said past White House administrations had been unsuccessful.
Asked by a reporter to elaborate on the "one thing", Trump only said that that would be figured out "pretty soon". Sanders said Trump does not like to reveal what he has planned to do.
North Korea is preparing to launch an advanced intercontinental ballistic missile with an enhanced engine that can make it fly longer, a Russian lawmaker told Kyodo News on Monday. Trump tweeted on Saturday. The sister has replaced the leader's aunt, who was an important member of the committee when Kim's father was North Korea's ruler.
The increasingly heated rhetoric between Mr Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is raising fears of a risk of a miscalculation by one side or the other that could have massive repercussions.
- Las Vegas shooter left calculations on bullet trajectories
- Police reveal major change to timeline of Las Vegas shooting
- Erdogan upset at US decision to suspend visas
- Did YOU know about Harvey Weinstein's sexual harassment allegations? (Reader Poll)
- Las Vegas officers describe raid on shooter's room in '60 Minutes' interview
- Google Uncovers YouTube, Gmail Ads Placed By Russian Agents
- China wants Iran deal to endure
- Indians To Start Trevor Bauer In Game 4 On Short Rest
- India Aiming to Seal T20I Series Against Australia
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Stifel Nicolaus Maintains Rating And Updates Price Target