Oculus is announcing a revamped Rift interface it refers to as Rift Core 2.0, which supports 2D desktop windows and a customizable VR home space. Spatial audio is also built into the Oculus Go headset; there's no requirement for headphones.
"We want to get a billion people in virtual reality", Zuckerberg said.
Speaking at Facebook's yearly virtual reality developers conference in San Jose, Mr Zuckerberg acknowledged the slow adoption of the technology to date. Other specifications like battery life will be detailed in the future, although developers will start getting kits this November. The company didn't talk potential prices, but we suspect Santa Cruz will be more expensive than the $199 standalone Oculus Go, especially if it comes packaged with a pair of motion controllers.
You can't say Mark Zuckerberg doesn't aim high.
This year, the company showed off Santa Cruz Controllers and headset that look ready for the mass market.
All of these features slowly articulate the advantages of three-dimensional and virtual reality content, which has its converts in the gaming world but has faced a more skeptical mainstream audience that has yet to see the value.
- Get to Know: Philadelphia Eagles
- North Korean hackers 'stole US-South Korea war plans'
- Rohingya boat capsize: Death toll rises to 23 as more bodies found
- Xiaomi Launches Mi Mix 2 For Rs 35999
- Allegation against Jay Shah Congress' attempt to divert attention: BJP
- Guns: Public safety is our right, too
- Remnants of Hurricane Nate to bring steady rain to Maine
- LEADING OFF: NL teams continue series, AL arms get a rest
- US' Pence departs football game after players kneel
- A 'bump' in the NRA's smooth road?