Apparently HTC felt that launching the U11+ in the U.S. would offend users who purchased the recent U11 model. On the Android One version of the handset, Edge Sense works like it does on the Google Pixel 2 where a squeeze will bring up the Google Assistant. No longer an arm but a tree!
Close observers of the Android rumor mill will know that Google made an abrupt change to its Pixel phone plans this summer, shelving its original successor to the Pixel XL, which was codenamed "muskie", in favor of another device bearing the code title of "taimen".
Life not Lite. Not a typo, apparently.
Under the hood, the U11 Life is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor.
Another HTC twist is on the audio front. There is ample space between the camera sensor and the fingerprint sensor so that you do not smudge the camera glass cover accidently.
You also get monthly security patches for up to three years and guaranteed OS updates for two years. The North American version will launch with Android 7.1.1 Nougat and HTC Sense, while the rest of the world will get an Android One device with stock Android 8.0 Oreo. Interestingly, the Android One version of the Moto X4 is limited to the US market while the rest of the world gets the one with Motorola's software.
As for the display, the HTC U11+ sports a 6-inch display with a Quad-HD+ resolution, following the trend of most high-end flagship smartphones including the Samsung Galaxy S8. This is a phone created to appeal to those wanting a premium mid-ranger and there's a lot to like about it. In our review of U11, we were impressed with the phone's battery, which could go through an entire day for most average smartphone users.
Additional features include a USB Type-C port, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, and a 2,600mAh battery. The U11 is one of small handful of DCI-P3 colour-capable displays. The main camera has a phase-detection autofocus feature that HTC says increases focus speed and decreases blur. The smartphone is offered in Silver and Ceramic Black color options. And in a lot of cases, more and more people are finding that they can function just fine with something that costs well under $600. All SKUs should feature 128GB and 4GB.
The UK retail price is £699 for the 6GB/128GB version, launching November 20, while Europe - which will also get the 4GB/64GB variant - customers will be able to get their hands on the device for €799 some time later this year. Both models will have microSD support.
Both should be available this month.
- Guns: Public safety is our right, too
- Kevin Spacey Allegations Are About Abuse Of Power, Not Sexuality — George Takei
- Uber driver, Uzbekistan native: A look at NYC attack suspect
- DI Above +DI on Shares of Timken Steel Corp (TMST)
- Cops urge parents to look up sex offenders on Halloween
- Android Razer Phone Specs Have Leaked; Suggests Ultimate Gaming Device
- Spanish sovereign, bank CDS prices rise after Catalonia independence call
- Ronald Koeman gives update on his Everton future after Arsenal battering
- New York Terror Attack Video Shows Suspect Fleeing Scene
- Animal Crossing Pocket Camp coming to iOS and Android in Late November