This week, some 50.9 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more from home, a 3.3 percent increase over previous year, and the holiday weekend will see the highest Thanksgiving travel volume since 2005, all according to the travel organization AAA. Additionally, if you're like most every other traveler, you'll need to bring chargers for your mobile devices, digital cameras and if applicable, your laptop. "We did plan our travel around the amount of traffic there is because there's always so much".
AAA advises motorists to take the time before traveling to prepare for winter driving conditions, check batteries, tires and include an emergency kit.
Last year, 11 people died on IL roads during the long holiday weekend from 6 p.m. the Wednesday before Thanksgiving to 5:59 a.m. the following Monday. "Sometimes people take them out when they're loading up the auto with luggage, or food, but make sure you have that". She recommends people deviate from the standard one-hour arrival time to give themselves a cushion.
Gas prices are also at their highest since 2014. Getting through some congested spots is expected to take three times as long as normal.
"When consumer confidence is high, more people are willing to travel, even if it means taking on debt", Conde said in his report. But lucky for us, Google has tips on how to avoid congestion on the road. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't matter what time of day it is to fill up the tank, although it's definitely helpful to have a full tank before leaving. Road trips will cost more, however.
Jenkins also provides some helpful advice for those who plan to drive for when and where to get the best deals on gas - including avoiding filling up near Interstate off-ramps or airports, and rural areas with few gas stations.
Google Maps and Google News Lab teamed up to analyze traffic patterns and search trends during the Thanksgiving holiday.
While traveling, the Roscoe Police Department is reminding everyone to stay safe this holiday season. "Get yourself ready to go through get all your valuables, liquids, aerosols and gels out it goes a lot smoother the line will go twice as fast if you are prepared", said McDonald.
- Cool to start the week. Pleasant for Thanksgiving
- Saudis court Palestinian support for grand alliance with Israel — Abbas in Riyadh
- OnePlus 5 & 5T to Soon Receive Android Oreo Open Beta Update
- Kevin Spacey Allegations Are About Abuse Of Power, Not Sexuality — George Takei
- The Breakdown: Eisenberg's Five Thoughts vs. Green Bay Packers
- Friday weather: Scattered showers, highs around 50
- Wind, rain and falling temperatures
- Chance of rain as temperatures crash
- Bob Lutz Claims Tesla Is "Going Out Of Business"
- DI Above +DI on Shares of Timken Steel Corp (TMST)