Crawford county neighbors are stepping up this weekend to help the Salvation Army save Christmas for families in need.
The Thunder Bay campaign $88,000 short of its $200,000 goal so far this holiday season. The Reno Corps set a $285,000 goal for this year. "Anything that jingles. They like items that make noise". It cost about $800,000 a year to run that program and $600,000 to run the men's shelter, Harbor House.
Unfortunately, there are still almost 1,000 Angel Families that still need presents. Also, more than 1,200 children were blessed with gifts last Christmas. "Hidden poverty is a real issue in Windsor and our campaign has to be successful in order to help the most vulnerable in our city".
Close Modal Window Hang on for a minute.we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
George says they will ring one day less because Christmas Eve is on a Sunday this year and the bell ringers will not be out.
"It's looking great in terms of toys for the tween age group".
What programs, if any, are impacted will be determined later, she said.
The Salvation Army believes online shopping hurts their kettles.
"We are solid for food", Wise said. While Red Kettle donations don't fund the Angel Tree initiative, volunteers say the increase in applications illustrates a growing need.
The application process, which verifies income and need, began in early October and this year's new favorites included Easy-Bake Ovens and drones, Canning said. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs without discrimination.
- Kim visits factory that produced tyres for missile truck
- Thanksgiving - A Time to be Thankful!
- Not Even Voter Suppression Could Keep Black Women From The Polls
- Campbell Soup Company (NYSE:CPB) Trading Down Today - Down by 6.75%
- Salvation Army begins holiday kettle campaign
- Les petits commerçants obligés de suivre la tendance — "Black Friday"
- Let Trump Speak Directly to the North Korean People — Editorial
- Android Oreo Go Edition is meant for entry-level smartphones
- Health officials warn flu vaccine only 10 percent effective this season
- Chelsea's best chance of success is Champions League, claims Lampard