Highs in the lower 50s and upper 40s. No rain is expected for this evening. Some spotty drizzle will be possible, but for many, it looks like it's basically just a cloudy day. Snow will change to a mix of snow, sleet, and freezing rain making for an icy mess.
The weekend forecast calls for a chance of snowfall on Sunday in Topeka, but no major accumulations are expected.
Temperatures will steadily rise Friday night and into Saturday morning reaching the 30s at the coast with 20s inland.
"January averages 3.4" of snow in Greensboro while February averages 2.4". This system alone could produce some flooding issues, which is what we will be watching for. A cold front swept through the area this morning, bringing us a blast of cold air and some snow. "On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day we could be seeing some more flurry activity, so be as prepared as you can".
For anyone who had a flutter on the 7/1 odds for a white Christmas in Kilkenny, it's looking extremely unlikely. This would of course slow down the evening commute, and if you're headed into northern or western New England, be wary for snow-covered roads.
If the ridge of high pressure over Quebec breaks down more quickly, the developing storm system could take a sharper turn north into the Lakes. Stay updated with the Sky Alert Weather Team for those updates.
It will feel much chillier than before the festivities and some reports predict temperatures could fall to close to zero levels in parts of Britain towards the end of Christmas week.
We will continue to see cloudy skies and areas of fog forming and spotty showers out west tonight. Clouds will linger through the day with occasional peaks of sun with high temperatures in the mid 30s. I should also note that while no official climate station is located in our foothill areas, Surry and Yadkin counties, as well as our Virginia border counties, average significantly more snow than the I-40 corridor. However, we are going to wait to discuss those!
Much colder air entering the middle of the nation during the weekend prior to Christmas will be just the start of a frigid weather pattern for many.
- Salvation Army begins holiday kettle campaign
- Stoke goes down to Liverpool 3-0 in bet365 — English Premier League
- Kim visits factory that produced tyres for missile truck
- Thanksgiving - A Time to be Thankful!
- Il principe Harry sposa l'attrice Meghan Markle
- A Chinese newspaper's illustrated guide to nuclear war — Fallout fears
- 239 Nigerian migrants return from Libya — SLAVERY
- Chelsea's best chance of success is Champions League, claims Lampard
- Heavy snowfall Thursday will bring white to Christmas
- Another cold, rainy day on Thursday before some… (possible)FLURRIES — FIRST ALERT FORECAST