It was a back-and-forth game, with overlapping penalties and goals that came in batches.
With a young roster that isn't quite deep enough, there may be more leads blown in the second half the way the Buckeyes did against Butler and Clemson during the first month of the season.
"This is the way it's like in the Big Ten", Izzo said.
"The challenge now is how we will respond from this win with a win against a really good Maryland team coming up, but we will enjoy this one today", Holtmann said of the challenge moving forward. I liked our attitude. We want to continue to go out there and continue to prove ourselves. "That was the attitude of our guys tonight". After taking a 46-32 halftime lead, Ohio State went on cruise control in the second half for a big win in Iowa, something that (unfortunately) the football team couldn't do in the fall.
(5) MISSISSIPPI STATE 83, LSU 70: Teaira McCowan had 31 points and 20 rebounds to help Mississippi State (17-0, 3-0 SEC) win at LSU (10-4, 2-1). Michigan State was edged by Bowling Green, 194.000-193.350, while No. 22 Ohio State opened 2018 with a 196.250-193.200 loss at No. 6 UCLA.
In spite of the chaos of third period and the Spartans pressing hard, Rohlik said he never felt as though Ohio State was on its heels.
Struggling on the road has been a theme with this team since I started covering them past year. No. 7 MI opened at home and impressed a crowd of more than 3,000 with a 196.200-195.675 victory over No. 4 Alabama. We were helping when we shouldn't have helped, or digging too low and letting them get opportunities that they just knocked down time and time again. The mistake-prone Spartans (15-2, 3-1) lost for the first time in the last 15 games, dating back to a seven-point loss to then-No.
How to watch Michigan State vs. Ohio State: TV, times, streaming online, predictions, line, pick
It only got worse for Michigan State after the break.
"Credit to RIT and their push there in the last 5 minutes", NU coach Jason Lammbers said. The things we did in that game were kind of mental lapses. "Tonight, in tough situation for him, I thought he handled it extremely well".
"I feel like as a team we have to learn how to deal with those runs", sophomore shooting guard Joshua Langford said. We just didn't get the product. MSU struggled to put Rutgers away until late in its 62-52 win in Piscataway, N.J., on December 5.
(9) WICHITA STATE 95, SOUTH FLORIDA 57: Shaquille Morris scored 15 points to lead a balanced scoring effort, and host Wichita State (13-2, 3-0 American Athletic) blew out South Florida (7-10, 0-4).
The Bearcats (14-2, 3-0) have won 35 straight home games on two courts. The only home loss came against No. 19 Clemson who has started off the year 14-1. We were pretty level-headed. We were around the net. We only had four points off the bench.
Ohio State's 80-64 rout of the visiting Spartans didn't merely highlight the remarkable job new coach Chris Holtmann has done developing the unheralded collection of players he inherited from Thad Matta this summer.
- Bill Belichick says he 'absolutely' intends to coach Patriots next season
- Overwatch League Is On, And Is Latest Signal Of Esports Boom
- Canada convinced Trump will soon pull plug on NAFTA
- NFL Roundup: Saints Oust Panthers, Jaguars Edge Bills To Advance
- Bears Introduce New Head Coach Matt Nagy
- Iran FM warns neighbors against fomenting unrest
- AG Sessions gets backup from law enforcement associations on his marijuana stance
- Republican US Representative Issa of California to retire -statement
- Fusion GPS: Trump-Russia firm chief's transcript released
- Howard leads Hornets past Warriors