Indeed, with regards to Man United's possible move, there are claims Henrikh Mkhitaryan could be used as a makeweight in the Arsenal deal.
Raheem Sterling is in line for a new Manchester City contract worth in excess of £250,000 a week, reports The Guardian. It's no longer an option to go out and apply his footballing abilities in another league, but this one.
Unsurprisingly, when news of Premier League interest first reached the banks of the Gironde, Bordeaux were insistent that they would not sell.
This time it's Alexis Sanchez who is the hot property. Sometimes, we can still be surprised at just how loud its voice is.
Manchester United are challenging Manchester City for the signature of Alexis Sanchez. However, they did not count on United's dramatic intervention.
"It would be a coup, particularly for United fans, to have a player like Sanchez potentially come to them over City".
A motivating factor is said to be dressing-room relationships, with some Arsenal players known to be perturbed by Sanchez's general attitude.
It's also a high-risk strategy that could blow up in their faces. The 20-year-old has largely been used as a left-back by Wenger this season due to injuries but he thinks this will stand him in good stead in a defensive midfield role.
Mkhitaryan, it is understood, was considered as a potential makeweight in the deal.
It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next few hours and if United will be able to hijack Sanchez out from City.
The Armenian is bang out of form, and has been excluded from a number of match day squads in recent weeks, and has been linked with a move to Borussia Dortmund and Inter Milan in recent weeks.
Either way, the Blues will continue to negotiate with Arsenal in search of an agreement before the end of the winter transfer window.
"I don't have to justify every decision I make, you know".
- What Federal Changes Mean for Ohio's Medical Marijuana Program
- Arctic air arrives tonight
- Another cold, rainy day on Thursday before some… (possible)FLURRIES — FIRST ALERT FORECAST
- Who is the 'Fire and Fury' author — Michael Wolff
- This state senator wants to revive net neutrality in California
- Trump seeks $18 billion to extend Mexico border wall over 10 years
- Heavy snowfall Thursday will bring white to Christmas
- Sanchez To Man City Imminent — Reports
- Trump left 'furious,' 'disgusted' by Bannon over new book
- Latest Rumours on Javier Pastore and Lucas Moura — PSG Transfer News