The announcement comes as the nation observes this year's MLK National Holiday and the 50 anniversary of the civil rights leader's death.
Other free admission Monday applies to federal sites as well as lands managed by U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and Bureau of Reclamation. The March will continue on to the south steps of the State Capitol for a short program and marchers will continue on to the historic Huston-Tillotson University, where exciting activities are planned until 3 p.m. He was ordained by request of the Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, Anniston, and served as interim pastor.
This week Trump signed a measure creating a new national historic park for Martin Luther King Jr.in Georgia.
- North Carolina state employees remembered the legacy of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.as a message of love Friday, 24 hours after inflammatory comments from President Donald J. Trump again ignited racial tensions across the country.
The Reidsville NAACP, Reidsville Chamber of Commerce and Reidsville Human Relations Commission will team up once again to host the breakfast. In Central Texas, there are several events planned throughout the weekend leading up to MLK Jr. Youngblood said Ramsdail is an alumnus of Beloit College and Beloit Memorial High School and has been a longtime supporter of the college and the Office of Inclusive Living and Learning. Tickets are $60, $48 and $10 and can be picked up at the venue's will call. For more information, visit bloodhero.com.
The day in 2018 is here for America to celebrate again the birth and life of an all-time great person of conscience, courage and compassion, Martin Luther King Jr.
Youngblood said in the past the event has taken place on MLK Day itself, but the college chose to push it back since students aren't back on campus until January 22.
At 9:30 a.m., registration will open. Marchers will at 11 a.m.at Anacostia Park entrance on Good Hope Road and MLK Jr.
Organizers recommend wearing sneakers or boots as well as a coat in case of inclement weather. Bring water, lunch, binocularsinsec, insect and sun protection, and prepare to walk up to half mile at some stops.
At 1 p.m., a youth presentation will lead into the annual unity march through downtown Reidsville.
There is also the annual Martin Luther King Jr. Volunteers will participate in a variety of events created to bring together local communities to protect and enhance the public lands that surround Rock Creek. The event is scheduled to run from noon to 2 p.m.
- 'We helped rebuild Pentagon after 9/11': El Salvador condemns Trump's 's***hole' remarks
- Suspend US-S Korea military drills
- Botswana Sends Statement Asking US: Are We a Sh**hole Country?
- Trump Sides With Iranian Protesters: 'The US Is Watching!'
- Salah to be fit for City clash
- Apple's battery replacement program could mean millions of fewer iPhones sold
- James Harrison explains why he didn't stand with Pats during national anthem
- Kohli: India pleased with 'lively' pitch
- Trump says messages between FBI employees were treasonous
- California rescuers use dogs, scanners to search deadly mudslide debris