Speaking in the wake of Arsenal's unfortunate 1-1 draw with West Bromwich Albion, Wenger was curious whether such pundits could be expected "to talk, to talk, to talk and only say things that are true and intelligent".
After his move to City collapsed, City told his agent, Fernando Felicevich, that they would try again in January.
City meanwhile dropped points versus Crustal Palace, which ended their 18-game winning run in the league to head into the 2018 with 59 points from 21 games, 14 more than second-placed Chelsea, who have 45 from equal number of games.
Goal reports that Sanchez is "desperate" to leave Arsenal in the New Year, with Arsenal ready to "cut their losses" on the sulking star.
"We are not too concerned about any rumours which might circulate because he is going nowhere", Hodgson said earlier this month.
He added: "We have a squad that is equipped to deal with injuries-we've shown that in the Europa League and the Carabao Cup.but we can not lose any more players now".
"We focus on our own problems, that's the only thing". We can not say a word against it because they're untouchable.
Soon after City's game, and hours before Arsenal kicked off, Guardiola said there would be "internal meetings" over whether the club would make a bid for Alexis Sanchez in light of the injury to Jesus. We have not lost them yet, and [if we do] we will respond by bringing in players of top quality.
Wenger will have to first deal with off-field matters after being charged by the Football Association over comments made to match officials following Sunday's 1-1 draw against West Brom. "On the other hand we know that puts under even more pressure to deliver a big result tomorrow".
"I'm sorry, my friend Sanchez, you have no place with us", Neny wrote on his official Twitter account.
- Did Seth Meyers Nail His Golden Globes 2018 Opening Monologue?
- National Football League divisional playoffs: Picks and betting lines
- A traditional drama in the best sense of the word
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Retail Box Leaked
- GM wants to deploy fully autonomous, manual control-free vehicles by 2019
- HIllary Clinton responds to Trump's reported comment
- With Hugh Grant, 'Paddington 2' is simply wonderful
- Investors Sell Shares of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) on Strength (JPM)
- 'Play our best:' Brady brushes off controversy, focuses on Titans
- N.Korea may join PyeongChang Games