"That's when he used these vile and vulgar comments, calling the nations they come from 'shitholes.' The exact word used by the president, not just once, but repeatedly". "I'm sorry, but there's no other word one can use but racist". "What was really tough was the outlandish proposal made". And it prompted senators who were present at the meeting to answer questions Friday about their recollections of the startling remarks. Never said "take them out".
Trump took particular issue with the characterization of his comments on Haiti.
Farris Jr. went on to say Trump's remarks were "another example of him [Trump] speaking without knowing the facts". I've not read one of them that's inaccurate. She said they are hurting prospects for a bipartisan agreement on immigration. Trump has moved to end the status for immigrants from El Salvador, which could result in 200,000 Salvadorans legally in the United States being deported, and other countries.
After the meeting with the group of Senators and Congressmen, a White House statement attacked "certain Washington politicians", saying they "choose to fight for foreign countries, but President Trump will always fight for the American people".
Trump denied making that statement in a tweet, but it was refuted by Illinois Sen. Although it is being taken as a denial of the "sh*thole" comment, Mr. Trump did not specifically reference that phrase in his denial.
Trump was referring to Haiti, El Salvador and African countries after lawmakers floated restoring protections for immigrants from those nations.
"Good Americans" should start "a Twitter war" with President Donald Trump over his comment that the USA shouldn't admit people from Haiti and other "shithole countries", former Senate Democratic Leader Arthenia Joyner said Friday. The world is witnessing a new low today with this #Sh*tholeNations remark! totally unacceptable! uncalled for moreover it shows a lack a respect and IGNORANCE never seen before in the recent history of the USA by any President!
- Apple's battery replacement program could mean millions of fewer iPhones sold
- LG Demos 88inch 8K OLED Display
- Donald Trump Reiterates Support For 'Merit Based' Immigration
- Voice assistant integration is the top smart-home trend at CES
- Heat climate and heavy rain might trigger flooding
- Switch becomes Dark Souls of Nintendo consoles with Dark Souls Remastered
- World welcomes new year with fireworks, parties, tight security
- Rebellion in Supreme Court: Four Senior Judges address the media
- United States dollar continues to decline against euro
- Palomar Health giving free flu shots, while supplies last