When asked if Ozil could remain at Arsenal, Wenger said: "Yes".
Wenger, though, insists the situation could not have been handled differently.
"I don't know", he replied.
"Yes. There is still an opportunity for him to stay". Sanchez, who is out of contract at the Emirates Stadium at the end of this season, has made clear that he intends to leave, and it is understood that City is his preferred destination. So they want a combination of the two that big clubs can give them. "When he shows frustration, it's because we didn't win".
The 20-year-old's potential has attracted interest from the Premier League with Arsenal and Tottenham strongly linked with a move for the South American attacker in recent weeks. United popped up from nowhere and are now favourites to sign Manchester City's prime target.
United, however, will pay what it takes to land Sanchez and will see it as a major coup to beat their local rivals to one of the most coveted players in Europe. What we believe really is some players in football world, if you have a chance to sign them - it doesn't matter if it is in January, March or July - you have to try.
"They're both back for us on the training pitch so we're pleased with that but we'll have to make a late decision on whether they will play". "For one simple reason: the transfers are too high".
"Sanchez is an Arsenal player".
"So what is the player's calculation?" What do the agents do? "I feel I shouldn't say much more than this".
"So that basically, slowly, it's killing the transfers".
With Danny Welbeck never looking like he's going on a prolific run, Alex Iwobi attracting the wrong headlines and Alexandre Lacazette going eight games without a goal, things don't look particularly promising on that front.
- "Black Panther": Watch new trailer for Marvel's upcoming movie
- Russian Federation probe: Ex-Trump aide Manafort sues Robert Mueller
- C40 lifted off successfully today from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh
- Operations at Hinchingbrooke Hospital postponed due to pressure on NHS
- Botswana Expresses Displeasure at the "Highly Irresponsible and Racist" Comments by Trump
- The government has consulted lawyers over the EU's no deal plans
- California Mudslides Death Toll Rises To 18, Residents Told To Evacuate
- Federal judges rule NC congressional maps unconstitutional
- Shiloh Jolie-Pitt in horror accident
- AU ambassadors demand apology from Trump over 'racist remarks'