Five of those games were against playoff teams.
The Eagles are in the bottom half of the National Football League against the pass (227.3 ypg) and have given up productive games already to Eli Manning (434 yards, three touchdowns), Russell Wilson (227-3), and Kirk Cousins (303-3), among others. What pundits and fans seem to be forgetting is before Foles' scoreless outing against the Cowboys he had led the Eagles to victory and has faced playoff pressure before. "I'm grateful, I'm blessed, I'm excited for this opportunity because it's all in front of us and if we really take advantage of what we want to do and execute how we can, we can get it done". As for the Eagles, they've been home the last four weeks, and haven't wandered any farther than New Jersey since December 10.
This is a major theme going around the Eagles locker room right now. I think they're playing very well in the secondary, some difference coverages than maybe what we saw a year ago, but for the most part similar.
But there's also a need for Wentz to be at least partly in the background so Foles can command center stage.
With Atlanta winning in Los Angeles, the New Orleans Saints (who beat the Carolina Panthers on Sunday) were sent to face the No. 2 seed Minnesota Vikings in the Divisional Round. Have thoughts on how the Falcons and Eagles are performing? They're the No. 1 seed in the NFC, after all, and they've had a month to prepare for this game.
"He's a hell of a competitor, and those of you that know him know the nice guy you see through the media, but in between those white lines, he is a wolf", Atlanta coach Dan Quinn told ESPN.com. There's nothing wrong with punting and playing field position at home in a playoff environment, pinning the Falcons deep with a roaring Philly crowd in the backdrop and letting the defense compensate for an undermanned offense. Philadelphia tips and intercepts balls and is generally more impactful.
Pederson and his staff spent the past two weeks reviewing film of Foles's past seasons - including his Pro Bowl year in 2013 - in hopes of unleashing the best version of him at the most opportune time. He also ranks sixth in the NFC in rushing yards.
- The Jaguars won four road games this season. Doubling up on the Atlanta D/ST and Philadelphia D/ST to score the first Touchdown.
Bortles, in particular, struggled in a 10-3 win over the Buffalo Bills. The Falcons are hurting, road tired and limited offensively.
The Titans, who are just 7-20-1 ATS in their last 28 games after a win, will need a stronger pass rush than they usually get in order to stymie Brady, who has helped New England fashion a 9-1 ATS record in its last 10 games.
The Falcons finished the regular season with a 10-6 record to finish 3 in the NFC South. The Patriots have averaged 37.5 points in this round in the past six years and should feast on Tennessee's porous pass defense.
- The government has consulted lawyers over the EU's no deal plans
- Jose Mourinho: 'Alexis Sanchez is a phenomenal player'
- TODAY'S FORECAST: Rain, temperature drop throughout the day
- What now for California DACA recipients?
- Russian Federation probe: Ex-Trump aide Manafort sues Robert Mueller
- Iran dismisses USA pressure to renegotiate nuclear deal
- Turkey summons Russia, Iran envoys over Idlib violence
- Turbulence in Pak-US relationship is temporary, American general tells COAS
- Special Teams Coordinator Chris Tabor Leaving Browns For Bears
- Oh well: Trump is in excellent health, White House doctors confirm