Friday night: Showers likely before 7 p.m., then rain thereafter. New ice accumulation of around one-tenth of an inch possible. A flood watch is in effect for the southern and midcoast areas from Friday afternoon though Saturday morning.
"We're not expecting any precipitation (today) or rather through the weekend". The greatest flooding [poor drainage and basement] threat will be from this evening through early Saturday as the heaviest rain combines with rapid snowmelt.
Friday is a 22News Storm Team Weather Alert Day with the main concern being heavy rain that could cause street and stream flooding.
Once the rain stops Saturday, the temperatures will drop, causing the melted snow to become ice.
The mercury could fall as low as 14 degrees overnight, the weather service said.
On Friday, a cold front is expected to move through.
Saturday: Rain ends. Briefly may change to freezing rain or sleet before ending, mainly north. Temperatures falling to the lower 20s by dark.
The cold returns in force Saturday night when a low of 11 is predicted along with wind chills as low as 0.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 20 degrees. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. "Central/southern Vermont into New Hampshire hang on to icy precip longest, with 0.20" to 0.30" ice accumulation and less than 3" of snow. The quick drop in temperature and rain followed by snow could very well create a repeat of earlier in the week with hazardous road conditions around the area. Northwest wind 10 to 15 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 20 miles per hour.
Sunday, there will be a 40 percent chance of snow before noon, the weather service said.
- Piers Morgan Holds Tonya Harding's Feet to Fire in Confrontational Interview
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Retail Box Leaked
- 5 women reportedly accuse James Franco of sexual misconduct
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions targets legalized marijuana
- Donald Trump est certain, Oprah Winfrey ne sera pas candidate en 2020
- Bannon To Be Interviewed By House Intel For Russia Probe
- Trump expects his bodily to go effectively Friday
- Teens eat WASHING TABLETS in shocking video of 'deadly' new craze
- 2 dead amid protests over rape, death of Pakistani child
- Morons are obsessed with 'raw water' that will probably make them sick