First, you can scratch former OR coach Mark Helfrich off the list of possibilities for the UA.
Helfrich thrived as Offensive Coordinator at OR under Head Coach Chip Kelly helping lead the team to three successful seasons and a National Championship. During four years in Oregon, Helfrich had a 37-16 record as head coach, including 24-4 in his first two seasons.
The Bears introduced Nagy on Tuesday, a day after he was hired as the team's 16th head coach to replace the fired John Fox and help a charter National Football League franchise emerge from one of its worst runs. New coach Matt Nagy is expected to call his own plays.
We all knew Nagy's hiring was specifically geared toward moving the offense into the modern age and developing Mitch Trubisky into a top quarterback.
Chicago posted marks of 6-10, 3-13 and 5-11 in Fox's three seasons.
Childress replied, "Well, I know for a fact - I wasn't in the room - I know who he talked to first, who he talked to second". Helfrich served as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at OR from 2009 to 2012 so he will bring an interesting dynamic to Halas Hall.
Helfrich is Nagy's fourth reported coaching hire and the first without ties to Lovie Smith's Bears staff.
"I'm so fired up, when this is done, to get into football and dig into it and just start attacking it", said Nagy.
Still the new coach would still hire an offensive coordinator, and it appears he's made that selection.
Tabor was an assistant with Chicago from 2008-2010 before joining the Browns.
Are you a die-hard Bears fan?
But his run in Cleveland as the Browns' special teams coordinator has come to an end according to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune.
Helfrich, a former quarterback at Southern Oregon, is most noted for working under Kelly at Oregon. "No slight to Indianapolis, they have a great team, great things are going to happen, and this is just the way it went".
- California Mudslides Death Toll Rises To 18, Residents Told To Evacuate
- Manchester City to launch £45m bid for Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fred?
- The government has consulted lawyers over the EU's no deal plans
- United Kingdom grocery mulls over government war on plastic waste
- Federal judges rule NC congressional maps unconstitutional
- Botswana Expresses Displeasure at the "Highly Irresponsible and Racist" Comments by Trump
- Mark Edwards: Rewatch gives different view of title game
- Turkey summons Russia, Iran envoys over Idlib violence
- Fiat Chrysler to invest $1bn in MI production plant
- Operations at Hinchingbrooke Hospital postponed due to pressure on NHS