So, the Mini Nintendo Direct happened. But the key here - and this is big for every company working on Switch ports - is that Switch is growing the audience for gaming instead of just drawing attention away from PS4, Xbox One, or PC.
The multiplayer functionality has been bolstered as well, allowing up to six players to join together in a single session for jolly cooperation, up from the maximum of three in the original. The game will still feature 4K resolution and a boosted framerate and many other features. The one that stands out for me is "dedicated game servers", what a great move by FromSoft and Bandai Namco.
The impeccable Super Mario Odyssey gets a new competitive game mode and an appearance by the well-known plumber's too frequently ignored brother. But Nintendo also announced that Donkey Kong will make his debut on Switch this year, with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze releasing on May 4th.
The Nintendo Switch had an incredible 2018, and this is another instance where Nintendo has done really well to bring a well renowned third party franchise to the hybrid console.
The leak comes from a Twitter user in Japan who claims to have spotted a listing in a local game store for Dark Souls Remastered with a release date of 24 May, 2018.
Original story continues: From Software, the developers of beloved and notoriously hard series Dark Souls and Bloodborne has teased an entirely new game simply entitled "New Project". While it's only 15 minutes long, it's jam-packed with information regarding new titles, updates, re-releases, and remasters for the Switch.
Dark Souls Remastered was recently announced for the PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch. Players could also appear in each others' games to either help or hinder each others' progress, maintaining a community of dedicated players that is still active seven years later. As of yet, we do not know how that will be split between cooperators and invaders.
- 'Everything is possible' as Conte leaves his options open
- Sam's Clubs in Wyoming will remain open amid national closures
- Djokovic beats Thiem in strong comeback after 6-month absence
- Tyronn Lue Demands the Cavs Refocus
- Proteas captain Du Plessis surprised by brown pitch
- Seal calls Oprah 'part of the problem'
- Voice assistant integration is the top smart-home trend at CES
- World welcomes new year with fireworks, parties, tight security
- Trump plan would allow drilling off the Florida coast
- Fusion GPS admits McCain role in anti-Trump dossier