France said on Wednesday it was "extremely concerned" by a Syrian government offensive in the rebel-held northwestern province of Idlib and demanded that commitments made at an global deal in Astana to reduce hostilities be respected. "We reject the Russian accusations completely", said Mohanned Issaf, 27, who lives in the village and was contacted over social media.
Russian Federation said it was also controlled by Turkish armed forces.
The ministry said training by advanced countries is necessary to accurately conduct GPS-guided attacks.
"In practice, further proliferation of the technologies and software which the militants used to control such UAVs in attacks against our facilities in Syria are extremely hard or impossible to control".
The Russian Defence Ministry said there were no casualties or damage as a result of the attacks, which involved thirteen armed drones, on its Hmeimim air base and Tartus naval base in western Syria, the agencies reported.
Russian forces have foiled a drone attack on an airbase in Syria. "We have exerted so many efforts and we can not waste them".
The U.S. and Russian Federation support opposing sides of the Syrian civil war.
"Iran and Russian Federation should fulfil the responsibilities [as guarantor states] in Syria", Cavusoglu said in remarks published by state media.
Opposition fighters prepare ammunition in the Al-Mushrifa area, near the town of Khan Sheikhoun in Syria's northwestern rebel-held province of Idlib, during ongoing clashes with pro-government forces on January 2, 2018.
"The fact of use by militants of impactless unmanned aerial vehicles of aircraft type indicates that the militants have been transferred to technologies that allow carrying out terrorist acts using such unmanned aerial vehicles in any country", the military department of the Russian Federation said, reported Interfax. "If you are guarantors - and you are - they should stop the regime", said Turkey's foreign minister, Mevlut Cavusoglu.
Turkey, which backs the opposition, and Russian Federation and Iran, whose wide-ranging support for Assad has turned the war in his favour, have taken the lead in Syria peace efforts over the past year.
- Shiloh Jolie-Pitt in horror accident
- California Mudslides Death Toll Rises To 18, Residents Told To Evacuate
- Trump Must Apologize for 'Shithole' Remark, African Countries Say
- Oh well: Trump is in excellent health, White House doctors confirm
- Russian Federation probe: Ex-Trump aide Manafort sues Robert Mueller
- Federal judges rule NC congressional maps unconstitutional
- Colbert, Kimmel and late night tackle Trump's 'shithole countries' remark
- The government has consulted lawyers over the EU's no deal plans
- "Black Panther": Watch new trailer for Marvel's upcoming movie
- What now for California DACA recipients?