Harry Kane needs two more goals to reach his Premier League century.
Kane would go on to break that record 12 minutes later when he scored his second goal of the evening. The Blues didn't panic and calmly began to work their way into the game before a ball from Kane for Alli saw Mason Holgate turn on the afterburners to win the race and coolly find Pickford for the clearance.
The way Spurs are set up to play Kane could continue these kind of numbers for at least another two seasons.
The former Ajax man is understood to be one of the players unhappy with Spurs' wage structure, however, the player remains happy at the club and is expected to sign a new contract.
Unfortunately for Cenk Tosun, his first taste of English football will be remembered for all the wrong reasons from Everton's perspective.
Chelsea vs Leicester City: Premier League prediction, TV, live streaming, start time, team news, line-ups, head to head
It was no more than Spurs deserved, but for the Toffees, following a strong start under Allardyce, they failed to register a single shot on target, and are now six matches without a win and once more looking over their shoulders.
Eric Dier curled the ball into the area and Kane was again waiting to tap home, with the effort ricocheting off his foot and shin before bobbling past Jordan Pickford as he took his Premier League goals tally for Tottenham to 98 and became their leading goalscorer in the competition - and counting. Sure. For me his quality, mentality and professionalism is top.
The win moved Spurs level on points with Liverpool in 4th position. 57' - Everton boss Sam Allardyce makes the first substitution of the match as Yannick Bolasie is replaced by Aaron Lennon, who is given a wonderful reception by the home fans. After some handsome passing from Spurs the Dane smashed the ball beyond a helpless Jordan Pickford, having also produced a fine performance.
"I am shocked and surprised that we performed as we did".
The South Korea forward has been involved in more goals at Wembley this season than any other Tottenham player, scoring seven and assisting four.
'Too many of our players chose to not defend any more when Tottenham had the ball with the quality of players they have, they will cut right through you, ' Allardyce vented after the game.
Kane extended his lead in the race for the Golden Boot and now has a three-goal cushion on Liverpool's Mohamed Salah.
- Iran says it won't back away from ballistic missile development
- Legendary broadcaster Keith Jackson dies at 89, ESPN reports
- WTI Crude Oil Price Hits 60 bbl, Highest Since Mid
- How the Eagles beat the Falcons: Weinberg's Two-Minute Drill
- Philadelphia Eagles advance to NFC Championship, despite being underdogs
- Trump's 'shithole' remarks targeted at Hatians, Africans sparks global outrage
- Australian Open 2017-18: Rafael Nadal seeded top in Men's single
- Funke Akindele named as starring in Hollywood movie, "Avengers: Infinity War"
- Gabriel Jesus could return for Man City in 2-3 weeks
- Liverpool a top team without Coutinho - Guardiola