However, Kohli didn't mention whether or not there will be a change in the playing eleven.
South Africa finished on 269 for six.
"The only part where we were a little better than them was that we got a few more runs in the first innings". I mean, I play (only) Test cricket now, I get a lot of breaks in between, so might as well be ready when I get an opportunity. It was too brown and too dry.
South Africa's batsmen had showed patience on a track where the ball wasn't quite coming onto the bat.
Aiden Markram and Dean Elgar were resolute though.
Unfortunately for South Africa, Rabada could not cash in and he was out for 11 when he went after a short one from Ishant Sharma only to find Pandya on the deep square leg fence.
The opposite was true of Markram. Both captains had decided that batting first would be sensible, with the pitch lacking grass and the hot conditions. Save a last-minute development, KL Rahul (top right) and Parthiv Patel are nearly certain to feature, and the chances of Ajinkya Rahane (far right) look bleak. The duo added another 63 runs for the second wicket as the ball did hardly anything for the Indian bowlers.
Nevermind, Markram was looking imperious.
India's last visit to South Africa brings back tough memories for spin bowler Ravichandran Ashwin. The 23-year-old right-hander Markram was particularly impressive, registering his second Test fifty which had 14 fours.
While talking about their star batter AB de Villiers, Faf said, de Villiers is very desperate and hungry to do well.
Nearly all the South Africa batsmen got starts, with only Dean Elgar (31) and AB de Villiers (20) failing to convert them into a big ones and Quinton de Kock getting out for a duck.
It was a catastrophic conclusion to the day for the hosts.
Ashwin was the pick of the Indian bowlers with three wickets to his name while Ishant had one.
The pace of play was not as frenetic as at Newlands, but the match is no less compelling; those last 41 minutes certainly ensured that.
South Africa made only a little in their team by replacing injured Dale Steyn by the local pace sensation Lungi Ngidi, who will make his global debut within the series.
Morne Morkel will be the third seamer, with Chris Morris likely to play in place of the injured Dale Steyn.
India went about making 3 changes in the playing XI for the Centurion test. KL Rahul replaced Shikhar Dhawan and Parthiv Patel got the gloves ahead of Wriddhiman Saha.
- WTI Crude Oil Price Hits 60 bbl, Highest Since Mid
- Immigration Services Continue To Accept DACA Renewals
- Seal Trashes Oprah as 'Part of the Problem'
- Oprah Winfrey 'intrigued' by United States presidential run - friend Gayle King
- National Basketball Association executives, agents believe Lakers will fire Luke Walton, hire David Fizdale
- How Trump can close the deal on DACA and the DREAM
- Trump denies 's********' countries remark, as world rejects president
- Taryn McCutcheon drops 25 as Michigan St. beats Maryland - Recap, Box score
- Philadelphia Eagles advance to NFC Championship, despite being underdogs
- There's No Doubt Manchester United Want Alexis Sanchez - Former Red Devil