Manchester United forward Anthony Martial has been sucked into the continuing Alexis Sanchez saga as Arsenal look for ways to replace their want-away Chilean superstar, reportedly asking about the young French forward as part of some kind of exchange deal.
And Ferdinand, who enjoyed a trophy-laden career at United between the years of 2002 and 2014, believes that the Chile worldwide has more chances of winning silverware with Pep Guardiola's side.
While Ferdinand is paid to give his opinion and has every right to say that the 29-year-old should sign for United's fiercest rivals, supporters weren't quite as understanding.
Reports in Italy and England suggest United are ready to hijack any Manchester City move for Sanchez.
"It looks like Sanchez will not extend his contract", Wenger said in his press conference leading into Arsenal's trip to Bournemouth on Sunday.
The player has been beset by injuries ever since joining our club but is looking good as he is overcoming his mental challenges that have held him back despite his fitness. Manchester United play quite defensively, but a host of good attacking talent could increase Ozil's chances of points.
Sanchez nearly joined City for about £60m on the final day of the summer window, only for the transfer to collapse when Arsenal failed to sign Monaco and France midfielder Thomas Lemar.
"Sanchez is an Arsenal player", he added.
Foreign clubs are free to offer the talented winger a contract from now but English clubs must wait until later to sign him for free unless they bid for him in the current January transfer window.
Speaking to the media, Mourinho said that both he and Ed Woodward share the same view to do the majority of the business in the summer. "No, because if City want Sanchez, they buy Sanchez", said the Italian.
"If there is a fantastic opportunity on the table, you fight for that fantastic opportunity".
West Ham are weighing up a move for Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini as his contract runs down, claims the Daily Star . Whether Arsenal's interest in these players is concrete or not remains to be seen, but Sanchez will be going nowhere until a new attacker arrives.
- Australian Open 2017-18: Rafael Nadal seeded top in Men's single
- Nintendo Switch Exclusive Games For 2018
- Iran says it won't back away from ballistic missile development
- Legendary broadcaster Keith Jackson dies at 89, ESPN reports
- There's No Doubt Manchester United Want Alexis Sanchez - Former Red Devil
- Lenovo has a Google Home with a Display
- How Trump can close the deal on DACA and the DREAM
- Iran rejects any change to nuclear deal
- Rescuers Battle to Find Survivors of California Mudslides
- Australian Open: Johanna Konta's views 'don't align' with Margaret Court