There has also been a host of new smart cameras on show, many of which boast bigger megapixel lenses and better night vision. About 45 million people in the United States will use smart speakers in 2018, research firm EMarketer estimates, and Amazon has about two-thirds of the USA market. However, storage specifications do not really matter much on devices likes these, as its role is to respond to voice commands and deliver requests via its display. Google is the closest direct competitor, and no other company is even in the game. For CES 2018, that was Amazon's Alexa. The company reportedly aims to make a profit on this device and would likely not have indulged in the market share contest with Amazon and Google over the holiday period. In this regard, Google has partnered with Kia and Fiat Chrysler to give the Assistant access to their cars' fuel levels and to allow users to lock their cars with their voice. Google Assistant will also add deeper integration into your smart home, so you can off the lights when you start watching a movie, for example.
Case in point, Lenovo just unveiled the Smart Display a few days ago, and the announcement was immediately followed by LG debuting its own touchscreen speaker called the ThingQ WK9. It has weather, news and calendar functions.
Google official websitePromo image for Google Home Mini. The first is an 8-inch model that costs $199.99, the second is a 10-inch model priced at $249.99. In the smart home of the future, you'll be able to interact with your appliances and devices using only your voice.
The Lenovo Smart Display will be available starting this summer, in two sizes. But apparently, that wasn't the real Google Assistant.
Amazon didn't have any Fire TV news at CES, but Whitten said the company is continuing to work with TV makers on Fire TV Edition devices, while also incorporating some of the features first introduced on those devices into Fire TV streaming products. "We want to make sure that people have the broadest set of choices in terms of what kind of device they want that has Google Assistant", he said.
"Overall, AI-enabled devices with voice interaction have been a major trend at CES", she told TechNewsWorld.
- Samsung Unveil 146-inch Modular 4K TV in Las Vegas
- Livermore supporter confrontation due to infant death comment, West Brom confirm
- Windhorst: Lakers don't support Walton, could be eyeing David Fizdale
- N.Korea demands complete halt to US-S.Korea drills
- Iran: Nuclear Deal Not Renegotiable
- Cavaliers Get Waxed For The Second Time In As Many Games
- Cuba condemns Trump's "racist" statements on Haiti, El Salvador
- NFC Divisional Playoff Atlanta Falcons at Philadelphia Eagles: Preview and Prediction
- Oprah shows deep mud in her garden, rescue helicopters overhead
- Markram falls short of century in 2nd India Test