"To use him as a player in the second part of the season, did it make sense?"
The 26-year old Algerian officially handed in a transfer request just last May and seemed destined for a move to an unnamed Premier League side on deadline day, only for talks to break down as the clock ran out.
The Brazilian was still desperate to join Barcelona, but Liverpool had several factors in their favour if they tried to retain him.
Klopp has plenty of experience of losing key men, Nuri Sahin, Shinji Kagawa, Mario Gotze and Robert Lewandowski having left Borussia Dortmund during his time in charge at Signal Iduna Park. As Oxlade-Chamberlain says, the quality of the club's attacking options is such that they are actually well-placed to deal with his departure. The Reds are grinding out results in Coutinho's absence, yet a big money recruit will be a statement of intent from the management who now needs to earn the supporters trust and ensure they have not become a "selling club".
But while Klopp stressed all of the funds from Coutinho's British record deal would be made available to him, he would not rush into signing a replacement.
"We have to "replace" him internally".
Coutinho was a popular lad, by all accounts and players are not stupid.
The Liverpool manager added: "It's normal in this business, you lose players and you buy players".
The Liverpool boss reportedly informed Dortmund there was no way he would sell Coutinho, in turn aiding the Germans in their negotiations over Ousmane Dembele. Firmino, a dark skinned Brazilian, confronted Holgate who is of Jamaican descent and is claimed to have racially abused the Everton player with referee Bobby Madley and other players within earshot. "Gini Wijnaldum. Not everyone thought "fantastic idea", but a lot of other clubs wanted him and we have him".
Carragher says he can't see why Liverpool have agreed to a sale.
"We don't play "hero football". Probably not going too but don't try don't get! It is not that they say "You've got this but on the other hand we've done this and this and so you can not spend". "But that won't happen".
- Nintendo Switch Exclusive Games For 2018
- Iran says it won't back away from ballistic missile development
- Oprah Winfrey 'intrigued' by United States presidential run - friend Gayle King
- Trump's Vulgar Comments on Africa, Haiti Shameful — UN Official
- Dark Souls, Odyssey and More from Nintendo Direct Mini
- Legendary broadcaster Keith Jackson dies at 89, ESPN reports
- Philadelphia Eagles advance to NFC Championship, despite being underdogs
- How Trump can close the deal on DACA and the DREAM
- Seal Trashes Oprah as 'Part of the Problem'
- Trump's 'shithole' remarks targeted at Hatians, Africans sparks global outrage