One of the most critically acclaimed games on the Nintendo Switch is getting a free update. Star Allies showed off the triumphant return of combo copy abilities, as well as some new ones like the Painter, while also hinting at story beats and another solid entry to Kirby's surprisingly intricate lore.
We'll also see some new indies make their way to the Nintendo Switch. The game will include the base game, as well as a new "beginner-friendly" mode that lets players enjoy the game as Funky Kong. That's right, we're speaking directly about the inevitable release of Gamecube Virtual Console. We also learned of some new DLC coming to Nintendo titles that are already out.
"Nintendo Switch is the fastest-selling home console in history, and Nintendo is not taking our foot off the gas in 2018", said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of sales and marketing, in a statement. It's due out sometime this year.
EA spent a good chunk of past year constantly reiterating that it's looking to see how the Switch would perform before fully committing and Federation Internationale de Football Association 18 would serve as a test drive of sorts. Not to mention the astounding support it's been receiving from indie developers with the release of games like Steamworld Dig 2, Enter the Gungeon, and Yooka-Laylee.
The Switch's success in December isn't exactly surprising, especially since the console was named the best-selling console of 2017.
Nintendo finalized their video by announcing Dark Souls will be remastered and brought to the Nintendo Switch on May 25th. No exact release date has been given yet, but the game will arrive this spring. I personally know at least two people who have been waiting to get a Switch specifically until the announcement of this game.
Whether any of the titles announced for the first half of 2018 really are enough of a recipe for success is just part of the equation for Nintendo this year. Both Pokemon and Fire Emblem are in the exact same boat. This upcoming TWEWY remix is a bigger announcement than most realize, and here's why.
The Switch 5.0 Leak is OFFICIALLY fake!
- Death toll from California mudslide rises to 17
- India bowl out South Africa for 335
- Shilpa Shinde, Hina Khan, Vikas Gupta and Puneesh Sharma hold their nerves
- Is Arsenal's Mesut Ozil desperate to sign for Manchester United?
- Trump tweets criticism of Iranian government
- African countries demand Trump apology
- Flake says bipartisan group of senators has reached immigration deal
- Racism Seen by Judge as Perhaps Why Trump Axed `Dreamer' Policy
- China : Country denies report it could halt United States bond purchases
- NFL Playoffs: Eagles hold on to beat Falcons