Rafael Benitez is struggling for consistency at Newcastle (Picture: Getty Images)When is Man City vs Newcastle?
Otamendi was part of City's defensive meltdown as they failed to deal with Liverpool's pace and movement.
But he will now remain a City player until beyond his 35th birthday.
Manchester City may have faced their first defeat of the season at Anfield last week but they are still in pole position to win the league title this season. The Magpies look out of sorts and the team is not bonding together.
Vincent Kompany is unsurprisingly also injured, though he shouldn't be out for as long as Gabriel Jesus, who won't return until February. He has scored 11 times in 11 games averaging a goal every 59.73 minutes.
FC's Alexis Nunes and Paul Mariner square off in predicting the latest Premier League fixtures.
Promoted Brighton have picked up just two points from their last four games and are three points off the relegation zone.
Newcastle have taken eight points from their last six league games, having claimed just a single point from the previous nine.
As Yaya Toure moves towards an expected exit when his deal expires in June, City have been linked with moves for Shakhtar Donetsk's Fred and Nice's Jean Michael Seri to bolster an area of Guardiola's squad where Fernandinho reigns supreme.
Until Sunday's defeat, City had not lost to an English opponent since the FA Cup semifinal with Arsenal on April 23, 2017 - and that was only after extra time.
"I'm very, very happy to sign a new deal and to stay at this club".
- 'Fit For Duty': White House Physician Sees No Concerns About Trump's Health
- Big Ten basketball power rankings: Michigan's win over Spartans shakes things up
- Trump says government 'could very well' shut down
- Chelsea could see Benteke as Carroll alternative: Premier League and Championship rumours
- Want Immigrants "From Everywhere" To Come To US: President Trump
- Joe Root: Ashes failure makes ODI victories even sweeter
- How well would you do on the cognitive test President Trump took?
- White House: Trump 'Very Clear' He's Against Shutdown
- 450 millions d'euros à la charge des compagnies aériennes — Aéroport de Nantes
- As Shutdown Looms, Senate To Hold Key Vote At 10 PM ET