From a Chilean perspective, everything on Sanchez to Manchester United is confirmed.
In a statement issued by United, Sanchez said he had spent "three-and-a-half wonderful years" at Arsenal "and I bring with me very positive memories of that great club and its fans". Mkhitaryan fell out of favour at Manchester United after sustaining a rough patch of form while contract rebel Alexis Sanchez fared poorly as he was actively seeking a transfer away.
Mkhitaryan is a slightly lightweight creative midfielder who is yet to really assert himself in the Premier League - so exactly the kind of player that Wenger likes to go in for.
Yesterday it was reported that a group from Arsenal had travelled to Germany to try to push the deal for the Gabon global through.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger also took time out to praise Sanchez's professionalism.
Signing Sanchez is being viewed as a real statement by United, like Eric Cantona joined in 1992 and Robin van Persie - who also arrived from Arsenal - in 2012.
The veteran Frenchman also gave an affirmative answer when he was asked if possibly Alexis Sanchez is presently in Manchester. Now the two players are bound to switch clubs in a straight swap with no money involved.
Nothing like a bit of good old lip-reading! We will see. But there is always life afterwards.
Sanchez claimed he had spoken to another former Arsenal player Thierry Henry and remarked how his departure was similar to the one the Frenchman made when leaving for Barcelona in 2007.
United are poised to unveil Sanchez as their new player this afternoon, and Arsenal will follow suit with Mkhitaryan.
City, the league leader by 12 points, didn't particularly need Sanchez, who had entered the final six months of his contract at Arsenal.
The 29-year-old Chile global will reportedly become the highest-paid player in Premier League history following the deal which sees Henrikh Mkhitaryan heading in the opposite direction.
Alexis posted a video on his Instagram account to show that he was boarding the private jet bound for Manchester, with, ironically, "No Easy Way Out" from the Rocky IV film playing over the top of the short clip.
- Trust in US Leadership Plummets to Historic Low Under Trump
- Arsenal, United to confirm 'Sanchez - Mkhitaryan straight swap' soon
- North Korea to send Winter Olympics delegation to South Korea
- North to send 22 athletes for Games
- Montreal Cognitive Assessment Shows President 'Very Sharp,' Doc Says
- Eagles vs. Patriots in rematch of Super Bowl XXXIX
- Arsenal's Aubameyang deal could see another player head in the opposite direction
- Biotech Stocks Moving on Buyout Buzz
- Brady family members in Minnesota ready to watch him in Super Bowl
- Is Prince Harry inviting Barack Obama to his wedding?