Analysis from Twitter shows Alexis Sanchez topped the list of most-tweeted about January deals after joining United from Arsenal - propelled by the club's cinematic unveiling video. Arsene Wenger's Arsenal have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last seven Premier League matches and were punished for some glaring defensive errors in a 3-1defeat by Swansea City on Tuesday. And the fact that they conceded half the goals we conceded is as well down to the fact that offensively they are very powerful.
Today, also brought the news of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang being officially confirmed as the newest Arsenal striker; breaking the club transfer fee record.
Alexandre Lacazette and Mesut Ozil who are already part of the set-up would be made to pair up with Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan to form Arsenals new attacking frontiers.
However, when it came to his own future, the 68-year-old was a lot more reluctant to give away any hints, and just insisted his focus is placed on qualifying for next season's Champions League. He penned a deal to make him the highest paid player in the Premier League.
"I'm really happy [to be at the same club as Micki again]", Aubameyang told Arsenal Player after completing his £56m move this week.
The Frenchman says that it would have cost an terrible lot more to sign a replacement for the 29-year-old, particularly with it being the January transfer window. You could see again, you look at City, they buy again a defender.
But the man Arsenal have paid Borussia Dortmund close to €64 million (Dh292m) for, is royalty in goalscoring terms, and his relationship with Wenger may well turn out as the major factor in shaping the 18 months left on the manager's contract with Arsenal. The Frenchman is out of contract in 2019 and has been subject to intense criticism and pressure over his failure to deliver major trophies since 2004, despite winning three FA Cups in the last four seasons. Iwobi's time on the pitch will be elongated with the arrival of the Aubameyang and Henrikh Mkhitaryan in the winter transfer window.
"I think ideally you want him to go to a club not competing with you", added the Gunners boss.
- Giroud relishing Champions League challenge at Chelsea
- North Korean flag flies in South before Olympic Games opens
- Johnny Sexton seals late win for Ireland in Paris
- Hall of Fame Inductees Find Out They're Headed to Canton
- US confident in Olympics security despite NKorea tensions
- Terry Rozier celebrates memorable outing on social media
- Chiefs fans flood Alex Smith Foundation with donations following trade
- Trump falsely claims his SOTU TV viewership was 'highest' in history
- India's Predicted Playing XI For The Second ODI
- Bypolls results: Counting in Rajasthan, West Bengal begins, security beefed up