Replacing someone like Bhuvneshwar Kumar can be daunting, particularly for someone who has long awaited his turn from the sidelines.
Wishes are pouring in for team India as they decimated the Proteas on their own soil. Even after being two-zip down in the Test series, for them to show that kind of character to come back and win that Test match in Johannesburg on a spiteful pitch.
Rohit was asked if people talking about him "day in and day out" plays on his mind during a press conference after India clinched an unprecedented series win by crushing South Africa in the fifth ODI in Port Elizabeth on Tuesday, February 13.
Mumbai fast bowler Shardul Thakurtook 4/52 while Yuzvendra Chahal and Jasprit Bumrah picked up two wickets each.
Furthermore, he is the first player score 500 runs or more in a bilateral ODI series.
South Africa: Aiden Markram (capt), Hashim Amla, JP Duminy, Imran Tahir, David Miller, Morne Morkel, Chris Morris, Lungisani Ngidi, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Khayelihle Zondo, Farhaan Behardien, Heinrich Klaasen (wk), AB de Villiers.
Playing his first match of the series, Mumbai youngster Thakur was on fire in his first five overs, getting rid of Amla, caught behind by Mahendra Singh Dhoni and then the key wicket of Markram with a slow off-cutter, caught by Shreyas Iyer at cover. He is now just 14 centuries away from Sachin Tendulkar's world record of 49 centuries.
On that same tour, during an ODI tri-series, Kohli hit an 86-ball 133 to help India chase down 321 inside 37 overs that underpinned his credentials as a master of chases.
The match starts at 4:30 pm IST. You just look at their bilateral record and they are one of the great sides in bilateral cricket. We need to wait and watch which players are given a rest and which ones get their chance. In England in May and June I don't believe that the ball will spin as much as we've seen here.
The way the series went augurs well for us. Jadhav played in the first three matches but scored one run (though he didn't get to bat in the first two matches). Will Men in Blue end the series with a win or will South Africa gain a moral victory heading into the T20's?
- Govt looked other way when Nirav Modi slipped out of India: Congress
- You can no longer 'view image' on Google Images search results
- What would South Koreans ask a North Korean — The AP Asks
- Amy Schumer Marries Chris Fischer After A Few Months Of Dating
- Senate fails to advance bipartisan bill on 'Dreamers' amid opposition from Trump
- Canada hockey women battle past US for 23rd win in row
- When will politicians actually do something about mass shootings?
- Mitt Romney Announces Utah Senate Bid
- Deaths in Tennessee due to Flu
- What NASCAR Drivers Would You Put on Your Olympics Bobsled Team