What was supposed to be a formality turned into a near-fiasco for Arsenal.
"We have seen it so many times from Arsenal".
One goal away from forcing extra time, Sead Kolasinac came to Arsenal's rescue two minutes into the second half with a goal from close range that reduced Ostersund's lead to the final score of 2-1. But Arsenal's fantastic form in this season's Europa League has been in stark contrast with their Premier League form, as the Gunners languish in 6th position on the table.
On Thursday they struggled to show initiative and their narrow play in midfield prevented them from penetrating in the final third.
Kolasinac's strike just after the break eased some of the anxiety around the Emirates, but Arsene Wenger will have been concerned by the complacent performance, while Ostersunds celebrated a famous win.
Arsenal survived a scare on Thursday night in the second-leg of their Europa League tie with Ostersund.
"We were not in the races in the first half", Wenger told a news conference.
And after a 3-0 victory away from home in the Europa League, it would have been hard to blame them for feeling that way.
They make a valid point.
"We got through but it would have been better to go through with a clean sheet and more goals and getting the win". Ospina should have done better on the first goal but was repeatedly let down by his defence. We played against a good side and it's what you see in the FA Cup. Because this second string won't take him there.
Tonight's match was one where Ozil would have likely been rested anyway, as the north London side is already up 3-0 from the first leg. And like a team with no fear, respect or inferiority complex.
"I am embarrassed watching as a former player never mind how Arsene Wenger must feel". Two of those, against Wolves and Leicester, came in penalty kicks.
Sema in particular was impressive. A lack of concentration at the back from Rob Holding allowed the Jordanian winger to slip in down the right wing, and burst towards the goal, and from there it was an easy goal for the midfielder as he slotted the ball under David Ospina.
- US, Norway, Finns, Germans in Olympic hockey quarters
- Florida students rally for gun control
- Rachel McAdams & Jason Bateman star in new Game Night clips
- United States of America wins first ever Olympic medal in women's cross country -- Gold!
- Friendship on ice as skate buddies Medvedeva, Zagitova prepare for war
- Apple Reportedly Working On Water Resistant AirPods
- YouTube Removes School Shooting Conspiracy Video From Trending Section
- Real beat Leganes, jump to 3rd in Liga
- Manchester United must not underestimate Sevilla - Navas
- President Trump Meets With State, Local Officials on School Safety