In the entire 63-year history of the European Cup and Champions League, after all, only six sides have qualified from a tie after losing the first leg at home. In fact, the Blues were unfortunate not to take the lead, as Brazilian playmaker Willian hit both posts in the 34 and 41 minute of the game.
It was a real shame for the home side, who were defensively solid up until that point, and now Christensen has addressed his error.
"Of course, we can go there and do a great job again". It is great he can play this game with this maturity. "We are talking about 1-1 and maybe we deserved more". The Argentinian will be relieved to have finally broken his near nine-game duck against the Blues.
The Argentine's strike cancelled out Willian's opener and secured a 1-1 draw for Barcelona, who head into the second leg as large favourites. "I think we still need to improve".
As expected, Barca dominated possession but Antonio Conte's Chelsea side was unfortunate not to end with a victory after Willian was twice denied by the woodwork before half-time.
Deco: Chelsea must stand with Conte if Barcelona win
And although he is averaging more than a goal a game against German opposition - 16 goals in 14 appearances - that figure is boosted by his five-goal haul against Bayer Leverkusen in the second leg of the Champions League round-of-16 tie on March 7, 2012.
Chelsea coach Antonio Conte said his side played nearly the ideal game against Champions League favourites Barcelona on Tuesday (February 20), but he was still disappointed with the 1-1 home leg result. "Against this opponent, this type of player like Messi, Iniesta, [Luis] Suarez ... if you make a mistake, you pay", Antonio Conte said after the match.
"It is a pity. I think we can stay at this level and we have to play in a similar way". "They will be forced to score and we will have more space".
"It is very hard to mention one player but I think Christensen played a top game and I was very pleased with his performance". Our plan was really good.
Even after the half ended with Chelsea leading in shot attempts; seven to Barcelona's three, two posts drilled by Willian, and generally having much more unsafe opportunities, some people appeared dismayed by his unwillingness to play directly at Barcelona at Stamford Bridge.
- Canadian hockey player pulls off silver medal at ceremony — Olympics
- Lindsey Vonn bids Olympics farewell, targets Stenmark record
- Does Marco Rubio deserve credit for holding a town hall?
- NRA chief slams Democrat anti-gun 'elites' after Florida school massacre
- Trump Calls Out Jeff Sessions Over Obama Investigation-and Misspells His Name
- Twitter is battling 'targeted abuse' of Florida school shooting survivors
- Lindsey Vonn fails to finish final race of her Olympic career
- LeBron Doesn't Want the Playoff Format to Change
- Tiger Woods 'very pleased' after shooting a 70 at windy Honda Classic
- Winter Olympics get steamy as traffic on Tinder, PornHub skyrockets