They will have another bout of freezing rain this morning and may be under another winter weather advisory for the morning hours.
Today: We have rain chances throughout the day today as a low pressure system moves through our area. North of I-70 will be the highest risk for icy roads and possible school delays Thursday morning. For Saturday night, Rain before 3am, then a chance of rain and snow mix between 3AM and 4AM, then a chance of snow showers into Sunday morning. Arkansas weather service forecasters say some areas could see 8 inches (20 centimeters) or more of rain this week. The rain will be more widespread after midnight, causing trouble from Concordia down to Coffeyville.
PMS expects temperatures to rise and approach five °C above the average on Sunday with partly cloudy skies giving way to cloudy skies in the afternoon and night.
Morning fog, drizzle, and low clouds have now mixed out and as we progress through the rest of our Wednesday, temperatures should really take off.
The next round snow and ice was expected to begin falling in eastern and southeastern Kansas and southwestern Missouri about 9 p.m. Wednesday, according to the National Weather Service.
Friday will mainly dry, mostly cloudy, and chilly.
A wintry mix could fall across far southeastern Minnesota, where snowfall totals could be lighter, the weather service said.
The service is expecting Boston will see "little to no snow and sleet accumulation" by Thursday night, but parts of western and central MA could get a coating of an inch or two. Thursday, the low will slip in from OR, and somewhat split the mountains and the valley, giving us both a chance for decent snow. The flood threat really picks up on Friday and Saturday as rain is likely.
Saturday we see a transition to all rain. "Six to 10 inches are likely in the heavy snow band, but the exact location is still uncertain".
- American curling team is going for the gold
- Russia will consider UN ceasefire in Syria
- Apple Reportedly Working On Water Resistant AirPods
- Familiar face drafted in Mel Kiper's second mock draft
- Pro-gun Florida legislature considers gun-reform bill
- Trump says armed teachers should get bonuses
- US, Norway, Finns, Germans in Olympic hockey quarters
- Rachel McAdams & Jason Bateman star in new Game Night clips
- NRA chief slams Democrat anti-gun 'elites' after Florida school massacre
- Winter Olympic medal totals: Canada has 26