He said Wolff doesn't have to worry that he might suddenly break off talks and look elsewhere for 2019.
"Me and Toto have been talking for a while", Hamilton said. "You see other teams have struggled similarly - they've had their own divas as well - and as the year's progressed we've all understood what we need to do more and more".
Mercedes boss Toto Wolff revealed what he'd like to do with the halo. McLaren also hopes to challenge Mercedes this year, though how well the team will rebound from its disastrous Honda partnership is uncertain.
"Hopefully we'll have something done before the new season, before we start the first race".
"Moving forward, there is a balance you have to strike".
"But there is always stress within the organisation at that time of year".
Still, as a livery this is much cleaner than previous efforts, especially since they seem to have done away with the very bad "Scuderia Ferrari" logo that adorned the engine cover a year ago. It is a critical time for the world. "I think we will see a tougher battle".
"So what we see today is an evolution of both of our driving DNA fused into one".
"It looks nice and usually when it looks nice there's speed also", Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen said. The latest racer features Ferrari's traditional red livery.
"To stand here now is very special for all of us", said Vettel at Ferrari's launch of the SF-71H in Maranello. Hamilton insisted the team had worked hard over the winter to address the issues that cost them at specific circuits but expected their rivals to have kept pace.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport?
"But for sure, the amount of effort that's gone in - the attention to detail in so many areas that I asked and they explained to me, it's impressive".
Toto Wolff, team manager at Mercedes, told Autoweek that though the auto has a chance of making history, there are still some challengers that could give the squad a run for the championship this season.
Wolff was not, however, impressed with the cockpit halo which all F1 cars will wear from this season to protect the driver from flying debris.
- Arsenal To Miss Mesut Ozil, Aaron Ramsey Against Ostersunds — UEFA Europa League
- Friendship on ice as skate buddies Medvedeva, Zagitova prepare for war
- Orioles to wear branded caps to honor victims of Florida school shooting
- Vonn takes bronze in final downhill of 'Games' career
- Shiffrin claims silver after Vonn's fairytale ending misses its gate
- Touch of Klaasen helps South Africa draw level
- American curling team is going for the gold
- Android Oreo (Go Edition) Smartphones Launching At MWC 2018
- Rachel McAdams & Jason Bateman star in new Game Night clips
- Why Joss Whedon Just Dropped Out of Directing 'Batgirl'