For Town, they now face a run of games against sides also battling for Premier League survival in a period which will undoubtedly shape their season.
If Juventus are forced to attack - and essentially, they will be - then they will be open for a quick counter that Kane is an expert at finishing - and if he can score a couple of goals then he'll outshine Dybala by far.
The Lilywhites certainly appeared to be in trouble when they fell 2-0 behind in the opening 10 minutes of their first-leg clash in Turin last month.
Tottenham supporters will now hope that the influential midfielder will be fit for their Champions League game in midweek, with their side having every chance of qualifying having drawn 2-2 in the first leg in Turin.
"I feel so happy, very pleased", Pochettino said. "But we must improve our technique in London and come out stronger in the first half". Aurier is the better player.
Started the game nervously but got stuck in and did well to keep Huddersfield away from creating any attacks down his flank.
"It is an unbelievable competition the Champions League, but I think we fight a lot the last few years to be there and get to play this type of games".
"It would be massive [as a statement if we won]". Ki has a relationship with AC Milan via its sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli, who was in charge of scouting for Sunderland when Ki played for the team on loan in 2013-14. It is important we carry that on.
The Spurs coach has a tough decision to make on whether to start Lamela or Son on the left, but considering their recent form, the 46-year-old will most likely go with the latter. "Of course that is a very good stat but for me football is tomorrow - it's not yesterday".
"We are hungry; we are not finished", said the South Korean, who has scored 15 goals in 41 games for Tottenham this season. With Juventus chasing the game and needing to score at least once, Mauricio Pochettino has to decide if he wants to play safe with Trippier or try and catch Juventus on the break with Aurier's pace and power.
The hosts enjoyed 75% of possession and completely controlled the proceedings, the only criticism of Spurs would be that they did not win the game by four or five.
"The gaffer has to choose 11 players". We made a big step in that aspect by what we did in the group stage, and now we have got to try and do it against the big teams consistently.
"We've had some great results there recently".
- Donald Trump and Theresa May clash over looming trade war
- Oscars 2018: Guillermo del Toro wins Best Director
- Gary Oldman Thanks America in Academy Award Acceptance Speech
- Galaxy S9 and Galaxy A8 Enterprise Edition launched in Germany
- Trump trade tariffs: Europe threatens U.S. bikes, bourbon and bluejeans
- A few ideas to consider after the Florida shooting
- Italy far-right leader says has 'right and duty' to form government
- Allison Janney wins Oscar for playing Tonya Harding's harsh mother
- 'Black Panther' rules for third straight weekend, set to make $1bn globally
- Take two: Dunaway and Beatty return to scene of Oscars fiasco