The Italy worldwide was booked when he fouled Casemiro in the first half and was shown a second yellow card when he sprinted after referee Felix Brych and was cautioned for dissent. "We then scored our second and things became tougher for them", Zidane added. "Other people were talking about Mauricio Pochettino if Spurs get out at this stage of the competition no doubt PSG will think about somebody else because that's the way they work", he said. "This defeat is very hard to digest". Unfortunately for them, luck wasn't on their side as their star-studded squad bowed out of Champions League after faltering to Real Madrid on Tuesday.
For all their lavish spending, PSG have still not made it past the quarterfinals of the competition this decade, including two consecutive last-16 exits. PSG hadn't created much before Verratti threw their chances down the drain when he protested vehemently to referee Felix Brych and received his second yellow card. We deserve to reach the next round and I can only but be happy.
"I don't think that PSG performed poorly in the tie".
"They controlled 60% of this match and we couldn't do enough in the 40% we controlled". However Madrid came out flying at the start of the second half and Ronaldo headed home Lucas Vazquez's cross in the 51st minute, after a superb reverse ball by Marco Asensio. We tried to give it everything, but at the end of the night, the entire club is disappointed. We need to keep working hard, for us and our fans, who were incredible tonight. "I have to pick a team every three days and that's what I do". "He is a good player but he doesn't play for us, I'd rather speak about my own players".
And Sagnol does not feel the remaining players can be blamed for feeling the absence of the former Barcelona man.
Draxler believes that Emery should have developed a more gung-ho approach and should have focused on putting pressure on Real Madrid when the team was two points ahead.
Having broken a toe in a league match against Marseille, the 222-million euro (US$275.61 million) signing watched the game in Brazil where he is recovering from surgery.
- Trump's protectionism will dominate at the next round of NAFTA talks
- The next step after a primary election
- MI records OT win over Iowa
- Pyongyang or Panmunjeom for Kim-Trump meeting?
- Claitt To Compete At NCAA Championships On Saturday
- Calls for more equality in Church on International Women's Day
- European Union seeks clarity on whether it will be hit by USA tariffs
- Number of flu-related deaths in CT jumps to 112
- Despite "Great Flexibility", US Steel and Aluminum Tariffs Set to Take Effect
- EU Says It's Counting on Exclusion From Trump Metal Tariffs