The two suspension points could be a one-Test ban, a two-ODI ban or a two-T20I ban depending on the player's schedule. But in T20I, they are nearly low rated team considering ICC T20I ranking. Along with the host team Sri Lanka, two guest teams Bangladesh and India have taken part there.
Sri Lanka next play India on Monday in a bid to qualify for the final. The second match is between India and Bangladesh where Bangladesh lost the match.
It was not a flawless start for India's second-string squad in the tournament as they lost by five wickets against the hosts in the opening match.
As for the bowlers, medium pacers Jaydev Unadkat, Shardul Thakur and Vijay Shankar helped India restrict Bangladesh to 139/8 in the last match after being wasteful in the first match. The next T-20 match between India-Sri Lanka will be held on March 12 at Premadasa Stadium. Winning the toss Bangladesh opted to bowl first.
Perera (74) kept their roll going for some time but a flurry of wickets slowed Sri Lanka down at the death. They shared an 85-run partnership for the second wicket after the loss of opener Danushka Gunathilaka (26 off 19).
Earlier, Kusal Perera (74 off 48) and opening batsman Kusal Mendis (57 off 30) starred for the hosts. The reason for this celebration was the highest run chase by the Bangladeshi tigers in T20 worldwide format. Tamim and Liton gave us a good start. Later, Soumya came up and added 24 runs. After hitting the ball on the leg side, Mushfiqur Rahim took a single and started dancing like a snake on non-striker's end. Mushfiqur Rahim made a brilliant knock of 72 runs in just 35 deliveries including four sixes and five boundaries. Rahim's blinder helped Bangladesh chase down a mammoth target of 215 with two balls to spare.
- Australia's Warner fined for De Kock altercation
- White House Remains Focused on Video Game Violence
- Razorbacks Fall To Tennessee in SEC Semifinals, 84-66
- Frustrated PC voters rally around Doug Ford during Barrie stop
- Jones insists beaten England in 'learning period'
- European Union to respond to United States tariffs within 90 days if not exempt
- LeBron James's list down to 4, includes Sixers
- Mourinho raps Man Utd fans over treatment of Rashford, McTominay
- Big East Semi-Final Xavier vs. Providence: Preview and Prediction
- Guardiola critical of much-changed City despite making last eight