Today is the last day for filing of nomination for the Rajya Sabha election.
The result will be declared on 23 March by 5 pm.
The three will file their nomination papers on Monday. "Similarly, he has been a resident of Bengaluru for the last four decades and is a voter from the city, so the party chose him as its official candidate", the source explained. In return, Congress will support the BSP candidate from Uttar Pradesh.
Others who have been named in the list are Vijay Pal Singh Tomar, Harnath Singh Yadav, and Kanta Kardam.
Mumbai: Former Maharashtra chief minister Narayan Rane, who founded the Maharashtra Swabhiman Paksh previous year, will file his nomination papers on 12 March for one of three Rajya Sabha seats from the Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP's) quota from Maharashtra.
In UP there are 10 seats up for grabs.
"The Samajwadi Party, which will be left with 10 additional votes (after ensuring election of its candidate Jaya Bachhan) is likely to transfer its surplus votes to the BSP", a senior SP leader told PTI.
From Haryana, the saffron party will field Lt Gen (Retd) D P Vals, the party also said V Muralidharan (from Kerala) will be contesting from Maharashtra.
The bypolls in Uttar Pradesh became necessary after UP chief minister Yogi Adityanath and deputy chief minister Keshav Prasad Maurya vacated their Gorakhpur and Phulpur Lok Sabha seats after getting elected to the state legislative council.
It has fielded Rajmani Patel from Madhya Pradesh instead of repeating Satyavrat Chaturvedi while repeating Naranbhai Rathwa and giving second seat in Gujarat to Dr Amee Yajnik. Congress Jharkhand in-charge RPN Singh and state Congress chief Ajoy Kumar confirmed that the name of the candidate from Jharkhand will be announced soon. Similarly, Banda Prakash Mudiraj is working as the party general secretary from erstwhile Warangal district and also heads Telangana Mudiraj Mahasabha.
The JD (U) has made a decision to repeat its two candidates - tycoon Mahendra Prasad, popularly known as "King Mahendra", who is up for his eighth term, and Vashishtha Narayan Singh.
- Virginia, 'Nova, Kansas, Xavier earn top seeds — March Madness
- Trump says he won't back down on tariffs plan
- PSG 1-2 Real Madrid | Ronaldo celebrates win with his teammates
- Harry Kane injures right ankle in Tottenham's game at Bournemouth
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? Michael Jordan's legendary North Carolina NCAA championship team
- Wild day of trades has Browns fans losing their heads — Twitter reaction
- Trump Says America Would Be Bored If He Acted Presidential
- Marcus Rashford double helps Manchester United beat Liverpool 2-1
- Virginia, Villanova, Kansas and Xavier top seeds in NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament
- NCAA's March Madness being played in shadow of scandal