"It was hard but overall it gets us out a little bit of that negative spiral we were in".
There was to be no late dramas for Wenger and his players to contend with as they now look forward to completing the job against Milan on Thursday and progressing into the last eight of the Europa League.
Just two minutes later, Watford had a chance to get on the board when the official awarded Pereyra a penalty after being fouled by Ainsley Maitland-Niles, although Troy Deeny missed on it.
A still-smarting Arsenal side, buoyed by their superb 2-0 victory at the San Siro on Thursday clinically dismantled a Hornetes side in North London.
"We have had a disappointing period and our supporters suffered like we suffered".
Deeney had questioned Arsenal's spirit after Watford beat them in October and Wenger said a desire to prove the striker wrong had motivated their performance.
PETR CECH, Arsenal's man of the match against Watford, on his side's response to their recent run of bad results.
The former Czech global saved Troy Deeney's penalty to become the first ever Premier League goalkeeper to go 200 games without conceding, after Ainsley Maitland-Niles' clumsy challenge on Roberto Pereyra inside the Arsenal box.
The Gunners doubled their lead shortly before the hour mark as Mkhitaryan drove at the Watford defence and released Aubameyang, who rounded Karnezis and fired home.
"I believe it was important to continue after Milan to show that consistency. We need his goals so hopefully he will come back and help us win our next games".
Wenger also feels Cech has to be considered one of the best Premier League goalkeepers ever.
Cech played a key role in both of the goals last weekend against Brighton but he responded brilliantly today, saving a second-half penalty from Troy Deeney.
Deeney may come to regret being so outspoken when his comments fire up a group of players who have been lacking even a mere spark for so long.
"It's an unbelievable personal milestone", Cech said of his 200th clean sheet.
"I am disappointed because we could have done more and taken more from the game if we had taken our chances, but now we have to forget this game".
- Mnuchin: US in talks with countries seeking tariff exemptions
- President Trump Hints Hold Off On Tariffs For Better NAFTA Deal
- Mnuchin: Trump may exempt more countries
- The UCLA basketball team is going dancing — Selection Sunday
- NCAA's March Madness being played in shadow of scandal
- PSG 1-2 Real Madrid | Ronaldo celebrates win with his teammates
- Trump Says America Would Be Bored If He Acted Presidential
- Wild day of trades has Browns fans losing their heads — Twitter reaction
- Virginia, 'Nova, Kansas, Xavier earn top seeds — March Madness
- 'Neymar needs to believe in PSG' after Real Madrid loss