North Bend's Bayside Terrace Senior Living hosted an egg hunt where children were able to meet with the Easter Bunny in front of elders and grandparents.
Javier Freyre, of Bayonne, and his wife, brought their 4-year-old daughter Mariah to the hunt.
As part of the fun, Easter baskets and prizes also were provided.
"I thought it was cool", she said. However, the Easter eggs don't disappear once someone collects it, meaning someone can get points for it.
Jacob Moore, 12, helped hand out the eggs.
Pastor Buchannan said "We've got 15-thousand eggs, they're wrapped and they all have candy in them and we'll actually drop about 5 to 6 thousand out of the sky, the rest of them are scattered around the ground".
For parents Michelle and Michael Albrecht, of Finksburg, the chance for Nadiya to participate in an Easter egg hunt on her own was wonderful. "We don't know how many people to expect", Sutton said.
Schugel said that even a year ago the hunt had to be relocated due to snow despite an otherwise warm spring.
After families swept the outfield clean, they were given raffle tickets for toy prize drawings held at the end. We would hear mass and my mom would prepare an Easter egg hunt. Co-sponsored by Amity Fire District, the Amity Valley Women's Club and the Amity Lions Club. "Then we thought, 'Well, no one services the special needs children and sometimes they find it very hard to compete in an open event'". For the older children, it was baseball mitts and soccer balls, among others.
"There's not much you can do", he said.
"We are an active charity and we are only focused on children in whole community, not just Binghamton", said the co-founder of Children's Charity of Greater Binghamton, Sue Bucci. "But it has started prematurely before".
Over the weekend many families attended several Easter egg hunts all throughout the Bay Area.
"This is kind of fun, but running out and finding the eggs is more fun", he said. At that point, the event becomes a "miserable experience" for him, she said. Evan also liked that so many people came out to enjoy the day as well.
Still, Saturday's event saw a better turnout than the last time the annual egg hunt was met with snow five years ago, Larson said.
- Markram shines with 152 but Australia strike back with late wickets
- Surprise! Google May Make Its Own Smart Display
- Klopp intending to keep Liverpool's style the same against City
- Aubameyang passed up hat-trick penalty to help Lacazette's confidence
- Excitement builds over Tiger Woods' return to Masters field
- Blue Jays Rally in 8th To Top Yankees
- Nelson Mandela's ex-wife Winnie dead
- Trump criticizes Amazon again
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp SLAMMED for behaviour after win at Crystal Palace
- This Is How Meghan Markle's First Marriage Ended And It Sounds Horrible