Doctors diagnosed a dislocated ankle but no major damage.
You've just nailed a hole-in-one at the Augusta National Golf Club, hitting the flawless shot at the Masters. Until then though, all Finau could think about was elevation, ice and the possibility of having to withdraw from the Masters.
Many punters have been quick to back the Masters hopeful after his sensational Par-3 performance. Finau's wife was in attendance and he had his four children caddying for him at the event.
"Number one", the elder Nicklaus said, when asked how he rated the moment. He started running toward the hole to celebrate, then turned and backpedaled before landing awkwardly on his left ankle. What happened next was stomach churning as Finau calmly clicked his ankle back in place before limping red-faced back towards the tee box. I knew that it was there.
This morning, Finau was cleared to play.
Getty Tony Finau dislocated his ankle the day before the Masters.
SOME weird scenes came out of Thursday's Masters action. "It's something to learn from, and hopefully I can continue the good play on the weekend". Finau birdied all of them.
But on Wednesday evening Finau, who was playing in his first Masters, left the golf course to be examined by doctors.
Finau didn't just compete; he won the whole championship.
- Female Hastings teacher deregistered after sex with 16-year-old student
- Talented Lady Cats ready to achieve big things on softball diamond
- Amazon's (NASDAQ:AMZN) Shares Hammered
- Mark Zuckerberg reconnaît des "erreurs" — Scandale Facebook
- Woods' comeback bid drives Masters drama
- Guardiola meddles his way towards Anfield mauling
- White: Only Person Stripped Of Title Is Conor
- Queen Elizabeth pays female staff more than male employees
- More snow, cold weather expected this week
- Commonwealth Games : The whistle has been blown