Mardi, 25 Septembre 2018
Latest news
Main » Conor McGregor's bail set at $50000 after alleged bus attack

Conor McGregor's bail set at $50000 after alleged bus attack

07 Avril 2018

UFC star Conor McGregor stormed a media day on Thursday ahead of UFC 223, damaging a bus and injuring two fighters in the process.

McGregor and his posse were apparently enraged by the presence of UFC lightweight contender Khabib Nurmagomedov, who was at the arena for a press conference touting an upcoming fight, UFC 223, set for Saturday.

McGregor handed himself into police late on Thursday evening after the fracas. If Holloway is successful, UFC president Dana White might well see before him the next Conor McGregor, just in a very different mould.

Reports suggested the confrontation had been sparked by an earlier run-in Lobov had with UFC lightweight title contender Khabib Nurmagomedov - who was on the targeted bus. His actions have affected multiple fighters that had spent months preparing for UFC 223, knowing that even a loss would bring home the consolation prize of a sizeable salary for their families. White said he's been in touch via text message with McGregor, who told him he's sorry innocent people got hurt but isn't apologetic about addressing the beef.

However, the Irishman was first stripped of the featherweight title he claimed in 2015 and he has never managed to defended either crown after winning them.

"It's not that I don't think he understood what happened".

UFC star Conor McGregor was released from custody on $50,000 bail Friday after a brief arraignment on assault and criminal mischief charges stemming from Thursday's outburst at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. The victor of that fight, White said Thursday, will be the undisputed lightweight champion.

Two UFC fighters - Michael Chiesa and Ray Borg, were injured during the attack and had to be pulled from their respective fights.

TMZ has video showing someone breaking a bus window by throwing a dolly through it.

McGregor last competed eight months ago, falling to Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match that reportedly earned him at least $30 million.

"Listen, you don't like Khabib and you don't like what happened and whatever, then fight Khabib". McGregor responded on Twitter stating, "you'll strip me of nothing".

The Mayweather bout last August was his last professional fight and McGregor and his girlfriend also had a son past year.

His also was was ordered to stay away from five people involved in the incident. Walden said McGregor is "the most visible face on the planet" and has no criminal history. In July 2016, the UFC said it had agreed to be bought by talent agency WME-IMG in a transaction a source valued at $4 billion, one of the largest price tags for a sports brand.

Conor McGregor's bail set at $50000 after alleged bus attack