Despite Barcelona's domestic form and their three-goal advantage going into Tuesday's Champions League fixture, manager Ernesto Valverde insists his side are not already thinking of a place in the semi-finals.
Then, with eight minutes left, Aleksandr Kolarov curled a wicked corner to the front post, where Kostas Manolas leapt to flick an unstoppable victor past Marc Ter Stegen. Roma believe because they thought they played well at the Nou Camp.
FW Luis Suarez, 4 - The Uruguayan has not scored a goal away from home in the Champions League since facing Roma in the Champions League group phase in 2015.
Barcelona's Lionel Messi in action with Roma's Bruno Peres.
The Catalan side threw all they had at Roma but their defence stood their ground as the match ended in an emphatic 3-0 scoreline and 4-4 on aggregate as the Italian side qualified into the last four.
Barcelona forward Lionel Messi.
Roma captain Daniele De Rossi set up Dzeko's goal with a straight ball and the Bosnian striker muscled off defenders to shoot past Marc-Andre ter Stegen with his left foot. Messi netted his third goal three minutes before full-time to seal the victory for the Blaugrana. Outfought by Dzeko, Pique lost ground to the Bosnia global and then tripped him, with Daniele De Rossi hammering home the penalty.
Roma are just the fourth side in Champions League history to score two own goals in a single game and the first since Galatasaray in September 2015 against FC Astana. It looked to be goal-bound, but ter Stegen slid over to the post and made the strong block, keeping Barcelona in front.
Roma lost a great chance to double their advantage on the 29th minute. But Dzeko scored one, won the penalty for the second, and generally held the ball up, bullying Umtiti and Pique.
Di Francesco has been boosted by the return of Belgian midfielder Radja Nainggolan, who missed the first leg due to a muscular problem, and Turkish winger Cengiz Ünder, who was not in Barcelona either.
The visitors' Sergi Roberto squandered the first chance of the game but after that Barcelona struggled to respond to Roma's constant waves of attacks until substitute Ousmane Dembele whistled a long-range shot just over the bar in added time.
- Liverpool through to Champions League semis despite City onslaught
- Real Madrid defense depleted for second leg against Juventus
- Ford Focus: All-new hatch set for global debut
- Icici Bk LTD (IBN) Position Decreased by Nine Masts Capital Ltd
- PayPal Bank Partnerships Allow It to Offer Banking Features
- Pens begin playoffs Wednesday against Flyers
- Local business community shows support for Humboldt Broncos bus crash victims
- Pinwheels Raise Awareness Of Child Abuse
- Rachel Darragh wins her opening Commonwealth Games match
- Ronda Rousey's Wrestlemania Debut Was Surprisingly Great