"You saw it out there, that's her first match and look how she blew the roof off the joint".
Then something amusing happened inside the Superdome.
The match finally became a thrilling contest when Ronda made a decision to play the game as she landed a series of rights and lefts to the WWE Chief Operating Officer (COO). One wrong move and she would be under fire from everyone watching. After all, her in-ring debut on Sunday night would turn into a massive success.
Ronda Rousey is back.
After several more weeks of build-up, it was finally announced that Rousey would team up with WWE Hall Of Famer and Monday Night RAW General Manager Kurt Angle against Triple H and Stephanie McMahon in a Mixed Tag Team match. The following month Rousey had her official contract signing at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view (PPV), setting up her WrestleMania match. As soon as she got in, she was a dynamo. She would have to step into a WWE ring and prove she could handle it.
Ronda Rousey is in desperate need of some shut-eye since making her victorious WWE debut over the weekend at WrestleMania 34.
The segment up next was one of legendary proportions all things considered.
The Cruiserweight Championship match between Cedric Alexander and Mustafa Ali was a very solid match as most expected it to be to with some great storytelling involved as well. It was so exciting to host WWE fans from around the world who traveled to experience the grandeur of WrestleMania, and all that our handsome city has to offer. It was a joy to watch. According to ESPN, the sold-out crowd was rooting hard for the 5-foot-7, 135-pound newbie, chanting "Ronda Rousey!" as she stepped into the ring for the first time.
Setting up a Rousey vs. Flair match would set the WWE universe on fire. That's not to say she won't be covered by media outlets as she continues to wrestle, but wrestling peaks with WrestleMania every year.
Preshow action started with the fifth annual Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal, which featured more than two dozen WWE stars vying for the prize, a huge trophy in honour of the late giant. She also knew it going in. Later, Triple H tried to finish off Ronda with a pedigree, but Kurt Angle came and rescue her. Is a women's division really necessary?
- Pregnant woman attacked by boyfriend in Lake City
- How to use new Focus Portrait Mode on Instagram
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (NYSE:CHK) 2017 Q4 Sentiment Report
- Trump Says Believes China to Take Down Trade Barriers
- Police searching for suspect who robbed two Burlington banks
- Real Madrid defense depleted for second leg against Juventus
- Tristan Thompson's ex responds to allegations he cheated on Khloé Kardashian
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) vs Rajasthan Royals (RR) Match Review
- Athletes urged to respect visas as Cameroon athletes go missing
- Salman Khan released on bail