His lawyers were asked to file a bail bond of Rs 50,000 and produce a Rs 25,000 surety from two persons each to guarantee that the actor will comply with all bail conditions.
Arguing for bail, defence counsel Mahesh Bora said there were various loopholes in the investigation and argued that no investigation in any of the cases of poaching proved that Salman used firearms.
According to DNA, Salman gave his autograph to the kid and wrote, "Love, Salman Khan".
Carrying big garlanded posters of Khan, the fans set off firecrackers and sang songs from his Bollywood movies as some of them chased his vehicle heading to the airport. While his colleagues like Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Sonali Bendre, Neelam and another local are acquitted from the case, strangely Khan got punished. "Welcome brother Salman Khan".
The "Tiger Zinda Hai" actor was lodged in Barrack No. 2, where rape accused Asaram Bapu is housed, as Kaidi number 106 for two nights. The case has gripped movie-obsessed India for the past two decades. A higher court later tossed the conviction, saying the evidence presented was not sufficient.
Khan must pay 50,000 Indian rupees ($770) bail, can not travel outside India without the court's permission and has to appear before the court on May 7, said one of his attorneys, Anand Desai. The actor was granted bail on personal.
"Almost 90 per cent of the shoot for "Race 3" is over and the remaining portions will mostly be shot in India", he said.
Khan has had other run-ins with the law.
In 1998, Salman spent a week in prison after being accused of using unlicensed arms to shoot the black bucks.
Salman is facing 5 years in jail for killing the endangered species, which is protected under the Wildlife (Protection) Act 1972.
But while his fans and producers of costly upcoming films may be relieved, Khan still faces a major courtroom drama. Reports that the animals died of "overeating" or that they were killed by dogs were also submitted in court to establish his innocence.
The judges found that prosecutors had failed to prove charges of culpable homicide.
The federal government of Maharashtra state, of which Mumbai is the capital, has challenged his acquittal within the Supreme Court docket.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (NYSE:CHK) 2017 Q4 Sentiment Report
- Tristan Thompson's ex responds to allegations he cheated on Khloé Kardashian
- Ronda Rousey linked with EPIC WrestleMania 35 main event match
- Trump Says Believes China to Take Down Trade Barriers
- Real Madrid defense depleted for second leg against Juventus
- 'A Quiet Place' Weekend Box Office Surprise Makes Some Noise
- Athletes urged to respect visas as Cameroon athletes go missing
- Barcelona coach Valverde braced for Roma 'intensity'
- Police searching for suspect who robbed two Burlington banks
- Commonwealth Games: Nigeria wins first medal