The Spaniards were simply outplayed and overpowered by a determined Roma side, with goals from Edin Dzeko (a constant thorn in the side of Gerard Pique) and Daniele De Rossi preceding Kostas Manolas' dramatic victor in the 82nd minute.
With a 3-4-1-2 formation, Roma coach, Eusebio Di Francesco, proved a tactical masterstroke as goals by Edin Dzeko, Daniele de Rossi and Kostas Manolas saw off Barcelona.
"During my travels, I have had the opportunity to learn about other cultures and societies as well as new ways to see the world, and this is very enriching", Messi said.
Meanwhile, Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu apologised to the club's supporters.
The five-time Ballon d'Or victor has been at the forefront of the Catalan club's success since he turned professional in 2004, helping them to no less than - eight La Liga titles and four Champions League honours. "We were hopeful of advancing to the semifinals after having played a great first leg".
He didn't score in the six quarterfinal games that led to Barcelona's recent eliminations.
"The relationship between tourism and sports is very significant and we are very pleased to begin this important collaboration", said Pololikashvili.
La Blaugrana midfielder Andres Iniesta has stated that the game against AS Roma could have been his last game for Barcelona in the Champions League.
Nonetheless, the Serie A side has knocked out the Spanish giants, delivering quite a blow to Ernesto Valverde, as they progress further into the semi-finals. It shares the record that Real Sociedad set in 1979-80.
- Reed moves to No. 1 in USA standings after masters win
- Mark Zuckerberg admits his personal data was compromised by 'malicious' actors
- What You Need To Know About The Suspected Syrian Chemical Attack
- Spotify and Hulu join forces for $13 subscription bundle
- PIL in SC for CBI enquiry into Unnao rape case
- Latest Forecast: Wind Brings Near Record Heat, High Fire Danger
- Canadian Facebook user feels 'manipulated' amid Cambridge Analytica scandal
- As Trump fumes over FBI raid, lawyers urge restraint
- Burning Stock on the move: Bitauto Holdings Limited (BITA)
- Price to Sales (P/S) Ratio to Track: Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK)