THE wrestling gold rush began as expected and the shooting ranges also threw up medals before a couple of track-and-field podium finishes provided a near ideal end to what was a high-yielding day for India at the 21st Commonwealth Games. The host team has won 62 gold medals so far. Punia's victory pushes India's medal tally to 36.
Ongare lost 5-0 to the northern Irish fighter, but she goes home a bronze medallist having already been assured of a bronze medal after qualifying for the semi finals. Pooja took the lead in the opening minute of the first period with a two-point takedown.
Irvine defeated Scotland's Reece McFadden 4-1 in a keenly contested semi-final and the Rio Olympian will now face Gaurav Solanki of India in the men's flyweight final. Dhanda was leading her bout against Tiako with a 9-2 advantage.
After a dismal experience at Glasgow, where the men' s contingent returned with four silver medals and a bronze, Indian boxing showed there was still plenty of life left in the sport as five boxers made it to the gold medal rounds at Gold Coast. Another Gold for India!
The 24-year-old showcased a superlative performance to clinch India's 17th gold medal at the Games in style.
This is the seventh CWG medal for Tejaswini, following two golds in 2006, a pair of silvers and a bronze in 2010 and a silver in women's 50m rifle prone in the ongoing edition.
Yesterday, Johnston and Doig missed out on the chance to make the final as they lost by the same scoreline to South Africa.
Later, Khatri had to be satisfied with silver in his division. She defeated the Cameron global in her Group B 68kg bout. Both of them were anyway not competing but obviously it is a violation given that all Indian athletes had been educated about the dos and donts.
Race walker Thodi triple jumper Babu and also three Indian team officials had emerged before a CGF listening to on Thursday, CGF President Louise Martin informed reporters.
"Rakesh Babu and Irfan Kolothum Thodi are with immediate effect not permitted to participate in the Games", Martin said. Bajrang started on the front-foot from the onset of the bout. While Australia has accumulated a massive 63 gold medals, England has 28 champions in its rank.
- Le Vélodrome en 12ème homme — Ligue Europa
- Fortnite Introduces Port-a-Fort Grenades
- IPL 2018: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan salute 20-year-old Mayank Markande
- A tenser Zuckerberg endures 2nd day in Congress
- Facebook CEO: Europe's GDPR standards to be implemented worldwide
- Michael Bisping: Conor McGregor had an announcement planned for UFC 223
- Mark Zuckerberg Admits His Personal Data Was Compromised During Cambridge Analytica Leak
- Salah sends Liverpool into semis
- Hines-Allen selected in the 2018 WNBA Draft
- Trump, Robert Mueller interview prospects dimmed by Federal Bureau of Investigation raid on Michael Cohen