He said the Crime Branch that has been investigating the case had brought an officer from the Kashmir Valley to carry out the probe while the organisation had enough staff in the Jammu region.
In a Statement Mir criticized the Chief Minister over maintaining silence on the involvement of two senior BJP ministers responsible for adding communal color to shameful act of murder "to serve their vested interests". She was kept in captivity in a temple, drugged unconscious and gang-raped at least thrice before being brutally murdered. Her dead body was recovered from the Rassana forest on January 17.
The chilling details of the awful incident has led to protests in major cities across the country such as Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.
A case of rioting and assault has been lodged against lawyers from the Kathua Bar for trying to obstruct the police from filing the chargesheet in court. "V mourn u & won't forget u", the actor tweeted.
Bollywood celebrities have expressed their disgust over the Kathua rape case and have asked for justice for the minor.
Goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh said, "When we can't assure the safety of an 8-year-old, that's when we need to realise and see why things like these occur".
Kuldeep Singh Sengar, the BJP MLA from Unnao, has been accused of raping a Dalit teenager. FIR itself came days after the Unnao girl tried to self-immolate in front of UP CM Yogi Adityanath's house on Sunday accusing authorities of inaction, and death of her father in custody the next day allegedly after being beaten up by the politician's brother and their henchmen in front of policemen.
In her reaction, National Federation of Indian Women (NFIW) general secretary Annie Raja said: "Sexual violence against women has been on the rise and the government must take measures to ensure security for women and to protect their constitutional rights".
Eight people so far are arrested in the case, however, Jammu Bar Association has opposed the action alleging "targeting of minority Dogras".
Vishal Jangotra: Sanji Ram's son who studies in Meerut.
The court has fixed the next date of hearing on April 16 when the case would be committed to the sessions court for the beginning of the trial.
- Facebook CEO: Europe's GDPR standards to be implemented worldwide
- Michael Bisping: Conor McGregor had an announcement planned for UFC 223
- Trump, Robert Mueller interview prospects dimmed by Federal Bureau of Investigation raid on Michael Cohen
- The Yankees And Red Sox Brawl Because That's How It Must Be
- Impôts : jusqu'à quand déclarer ses revenus ?
- Watchdog: No charges against police in 2017 arrest
- Mark Zuckerberg Admits His Personal Data Was Compromised During Cambridge Analytica Leak
- Le Vélodrome en 12ème homme — Ligue Europa
- A tenser Zuckerberg endures 2nd day in Congress
- IDF orders investigation into response to Gaza protests