A resounding 4-1 victory at home in the first leg followed by a comeback 2-2 draw at Moscow helped the Gunners progress, via a 6-3 aggregate score.
"Maybe we were surprised by the intensity at the start", Wenger said. Too often in the first half, Arsenal let Moscow latch on to loose balls and attack the frail Arsenal defense.
Arsene Wenger's side sit 13 points adrift of the Premier League top-four and look increasingly like having to emulate Manchester United, who won the Europa League past year after finishing sixth in the league. We need to be focused.
"We're all working. It will be a good achievement".
The Reds, who beat Manchester City 5-1 on aggregate in the last round, will host Roma on Tuesday, 24 April with the return leg on Wednesday, 2 May. "We missed a lot of movement, to be available for our team-mates". "But it's not only that - I came to Arsenal because I want to win trophies".
"They played well, had opportunities and took them".
"We put ourselves in a very bad position and we actually found our way with a good calmness and I really like that". Live streams of the draw can be accessed on UEFA's official website and the Sony LIV app on mobile phones and tablet devices. It is important for the club to go far.
But this didn't stop former Arsenal legend and Premier League victor Martin Keown criticizing the club for their "lack of objective and cohesiveness".
But Arsenal ended any doubt with quarter of an hour left as Welbeck played a brilliant one-two with Elneny before finishing sweetly into the corner to reduce the deficit on the night and extend their lead in the tie.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that winger Henrikh Mkhitaryan will be missing from the club's visit to Newcastle United on Sunday as a result of his ongoing injury layoff.
- Khloe Kardashian Welcomes Baby Girl
- Facebook CEO: Europe's GDPR standards to be implemented worldwide
- Salah sends Liverpool into semis
- Le Vélodrome en 12ème homme — Ligue Europa
- OPCW Team en Route to Syria as US Mulls Missile Attack
- IPL 2018: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan salute 20-year-old Mayank Markande
- The Yankees And Red Sox Brawl Because That's How It Must Be
- Commonwealth Games 2018: Sushil Kumar, Rahul Aware clinch gold in wrestling
- Israel Attacks Targets in Gaza Strip
- Trump, Robert Mueller interview prospects dimmed by Federal Bureau of Investigation raid on Michael Cohen