He would then go onto play for Napoli, Nimes Olympique, Saint-Etienne, Auxerre, Barcelona and Internazionale, before ending his career with Manchester United in the same year that Roman Abramovich took over at Chelsea.
According to Morata himself, there's one reason for his lack of goals in the second half of the season.
Willian, with six goals this season, is always a threat for the Blues. The Saints have a game in hand over closest rivals Crystal Palace and Huddersfield but a clash against Chelsea doesn't necessarily mean they'll be level on points with Palace.
Blanc, who played in the Premier League for Man Utd, enjoyed huge success with PSG and Bordeaux, but while it didn't quite work out for him at the helm of the France national team, the prospect of embarking on a fresh challenge with Everton could well stoke his interest. "But, as you know very well, this is a problem to solve between the club and Thibaut".
Fifth-placed Chelsea are 10 points adrift of the Premier League's top four with only six games remaining and failure to qualify for the Champions League certain to end Conte's two-year reign.
"If we don't qualify for the Champions League, it means we have to divide the fault, also with the players. If teams are attacking us, we've got to do the right things in defensive situations".
Prospects of playing Champions League football next season look all but lost now and the manager, Antonio Conte, has already been matched at a low of [1.47] in the Next Manager To Leave Position market.
"Southampton have great quality in their squad and it's a surprise to see them where they are in the table", the Italian added. I don't like stats, I play for a long time, so I am on the pitch to enjoy. Mark Hughes will be without the services of Jack Stephens as he serves his suspension.
Conte has only Danny Drinkwater unavailable as he continues to recover from a calf and groin injuries.
- House speaker Paul Ryan reportedly says he won't seek re-election
- Dez Bryant Is Tweeting Through It, Taking It Personally
- Donald Trump issues full pardon to former aide to Dick Cheney
- Democrats push for quicker action on Greitens
- China's President Promises To Cut Auto Import Tariff, Files US Tariff Complaint
- FIRST ALERT ACTION DAY tonight due to severe weather
- Key Takeaways From The Greitens Report
- Investor's Alert (Volatility in Focus) - First Horizon National Corporation, (NYSE: FHN)
- Playoff Preview: Nashville vs Colorado
- National Basketball Association breaks attendance record for 4th straight season